Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I thought it would have been more than that.

Mist of the camera shots are zoomed in which gives the impression it is snowing much harder than it is. The view looks like you are 10 feet from the players but there is 100 feet of snow falling through the frame.

Just because you want it to snow doesn't mean it will snow. It doesn't snow because you pray, it doesn't snow because you hope it will, it snows because the pattern allows it to snow.

Can somebody please tell me outside of a. 1

in 10000 shot how the pattern next week supports ANY wintry weather, even inside the mountainous areas? We have a +++AO, a +NAO and a -PNA. It is foolish to even entertain the mere possibility of seeing anything frozen outside of your refridgerator. We used to use common sense on this board. We used to look at the pattern on this board. You know what we do now? If ONE run of ONE model shows an event, you'd best believe it lest you get called a "cliff diver" or "Debbie downer".

It would take an absolute 1 in 100000 shot to get snow next week. The pattern sucks, you might as well go ahead and accept it.

First you say 1 in 10,000 then you say 1 in 100,000....Do you even know stats? There is a better than 1:100,000 chance of seeing snow here in August. Furthermore, we don't have a +++AO. That's only a forecast. We all know that could change. Right now it is close to neutral. You seem to always put your faith in the warmest model....why is that? 

Mist of the camera shots are zoomed in which gives the impression it is snowing much harder than it is. The view looks like you are 10 feet from the players but there is 100 feet of snow falling through the frame.

Yep, that's true. In the Philly forum, there was a reference to 2-3 inches per hour. They were under one of the darker blue bands. It seems to have lightened up a lot now, though.

It would take an absolute 1 in 100000 shot to get snow next week. The pattern sucks, you might as well go ahead and accept it.

The Euro called. Says the pattern, even though it hasn't produced, doesn't suck as much as you think it does going into next weekend.

Will it happen that way....Likely not. Is the pattern a 1 in 100,000 pattern? That assertion is laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it!!  The offense calls a timeout to have their players clear the snow from which Akers is going to attempt an extra point!!  But it's blocked!!!!

I saw that.  That was pretty impressive how the big boys cleared the snow for the little guy.  Although I don't know if the extra point was blocked as much as it was kicked into the backside of his offensive line..........lol

FWIW, the accuweather maps show 6" across most of the state.

Now do you see why we discuss the possibilities of weather?.......... You called for a December with a 50 degree average in CLT just 2 days ago. Earlier today you said that the chance of snow next week was 1 in one hundred thousand. Now you post an analysis of accuweather snowfall maps for your miracle snowstorm? Either one of two things is going on here....1) you are a troll and need to stop 2) You are running for weenie of the year. Which is it?

Now do you see why we discuss the possibilities of weather?.......... You called for a December with a 50 degree average in CLT just 2 days ago. Earlier today you said that the chance of snow next week was 1 in one hundred thousand. Now you post an analysis of accuweather snowfall maps for your miracle snowstorm? Either one of two things is going on here....1) you are a troll and need to stop 2) You are running for weenie of the year. Which is it?

I've been posting with many of these people for about a dozen years. I'll let my record speak for itself.

Now, keep this **** in the banter thread.

I remember that one but this one has that one beat imo

I don't know about that. I was actually at the Snow Bowl and the snow accumulated faster than I thought was possible. While it was freezing cold and I certainly wasn't dressed for the weather it was absolutely awesome seeing snow like that.

Now do you see why we discuss the possibilities of weather?.......... You called for a December with a 50 degree average in CLT just 2 days ago. Earlier today you said that the chance of snow next week was 1 in one hundred thousand. Now you post an analysis of accuweather snowfall maps for your miracle snowstorm? Either one of two things is going on here....1) you are a troll and need to stop 2) You are running for weenie of the year. Which is it?

Queencity a troll? I've been on the weather boards with him since the WWBB days. Trust me he is no troll and very knowledgeable.

Sorry I had looked this thread over. Ive been on WU a good while as my station is setup there. as many times as ive used the wundermap ive looked right over the model data, I must be blind  :facepalm:  anyway thanks for the info!

Archived