northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's nice of you to imply that the NWS doesn't have any good meteorologists and that they issued Ice Storm Warnings for nothing. Why don't you wait until the event has passed before casting stones? RAH is usually a pretty conservative WFO, so I pay attention when they issue Ice Storm Warnings well ahead of time.

NWS it's more of a liability and safety concern for the general public. Brad, Ray, Robert, DT, and more are hard to bet against. 

Looks like this ice event is going to miss central NC. I hope we get some real snow this winter, and hope some comes soon. It's been way to long, and I think we're all going stircrazy from the lack of a good snow here.

You really think it matters, Eddie?

Anyway, fear not! The temp is down to 59 with the dp down to 58. The cold's a comin'!

NWS it's more of a liability and safety concern for the general public. Brad, Ray, Robert, DT, and more are hard to bet against. 

I moved this comment from the CAD thread to show a point.  Text book definition of a wx weenie.  "While professional forecasters examine computer models to make forecasts, weenies often treat the forecasters themselves as data sources" "When DT and LC and JB agree on a forecast, watch out!" 

I witnessed the great Wilkes when I lurked here for some time. No way am I even like him. His bashing on Robert and others was just flat out sad. I wouldn't have even signed up here if all the good mets still posted here I would have just read their thoughts. Few and far between now. I don't feel bad to post simple stuff that would have gotten in the way when mets often posted.

Wikles was not great, and I am sure most will agree with me here, his posts were crap, they lacked substance, simple one liners which distracted from the meaningful conversation at hand, and forced us as a staff to clean up and putt out the spot fires he liked to start.  While you may not see any similarities to yourself, I do, your post quality leaves a great deal to be desired, and you seem intent on fishing for responses rather than adding meaningful content, just an FYI.  The bolded text above is what I really take issue with.  The mets are still here, in addition to a wealth of knowledge from a lot of members,  Correct me if I am wrong, but you got called out on a "downgrade" product from one of the most objective red tags on the board, and very well respected in this sub.  The advent of social media and the quicker faster to a larger audience takes its toll on the audience of forums like ours, still, google, weather forum, yeah, our community is still at the top.  This pompous attitude like you're the SE WX epiphany needs to stop, I trust you will choose your posts more carefully from here on out.

Sorry for a lot of my negative comments. I try to cover all the bases even if its against winter weather. But I may have came off like a jerk at times.

So you are learning?

There are 3 options as I see it right now, 1, you are here to troll for a period and leave (usually within a couple months).  2, the board identifies your behavior (which they have done), and you correct it which leads to a respectable contributer going forward.  3, you, and the posting style does not change, eventually we bag you. 

I moved this comment from the CAD thread to show a point.  Text book definition of a wx weenie.  "While professional forecasters examine computer models to make forecasts, weenies often treat the forecasters themselves as data sources" "When DT and LC and JB agree on a forecast, watch out!" 

Wikles was not great, and I am sure most will agree with me here, his posts were crap, they lacked substance, simple one liners which distracted from the meaningful conversation at hand, and forced us as a staff to clean up and putt out the spot fires he liked to start.  While you may not see any similarities to yourself, I do, your post quality leaves a great deal to be desired, and you seem intent on fishing for responses rather than adding meaningful content, just an FYI.  The bolded text above is what I really take issue with.  The mets are still here, in addition to a wealth of knowledge from a lot of members,  Correct me if I am wrong, but you got called out on a "downgrade" product from one of the most objective red tags on the board, and very well respected in this sub.  The advent of social media and the quicker faster to a larger audience takes its toll on the audience of forums like ours, still, google, weather forum, yeah, our community is still at the top.  This pompous attitude like you're the SE WX epiphany needs to stop, I trust you will choose your posts more carefully from here on out.

So you are learning?

There are 3 options as I see it right now, 1, you are here to troll for a period and leave (usually within a couple months).  2, the board identifies your behavior (which they have done), and you correct it which leads to a respectable contributer going forward.  3, you, and the posting style does not change, eventually we bag you. 

:lmao:  :santa:  :clap:

So you are learning?

Greetings from Castleton and nice work sir.

So you are learning?

Since he has already stated this is his intention at times, posted maps he already knows are not allowed, and has basically said the nws has no clue what they are doing.....I'd say he already has one foot out the door.

I'm gone for 2.5 days and stupidity breaks out  :angry: I don't enjoy spending the few minutes of free time I've had these past couple of days trying to cleaning up the mess in here. 

NWS has to give warnings because of the public. With temps border line it does look like they have over done it with warnings instead of advisories. Not much of anything will accumulate on road surfaces as the asphalt is still warm from 70's Friday. If we can get down to 29-30 it could get interesting but doesn't look that will happen

Since he has already stated this is his intention at times, posted maps he already knows are not allowed, and has basically said the nws has no clue what they are doing.....I'd say he already has one foot out the door.

I'm gone for 2.5 days and stupidity breaks out   :angry: I don't enjoy spending the few minutes of free time I've had these past couple of days trying to cleaning up the mess in here. 

In our defense, we were stupid long before you left.

If OSU loses, some perma-bans are going out. They are in the driver's seat with that int, though. My wife's family is from Canton BTW. They are loving it.

Indeed  :lol:  

I think Auburn deserves to play in the national championship even if Ohio State wins. They played a tougher schedule and beat Alabama. Would be a better game with Auburn and Florida State, too.

It's a good thing nobody pays you to think  :angry: 

Archived