northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good to know. I like banning trolls and watch them get fired up. :)

:lmao:

In all seriousness tho, I just don't want to quickly disregard any short term model because it has less qpf than some of the globals...

I would say tomorrow we will know if the NAM is out to lunch or not. It wasn't that long ago the GFS was in the same boat.

Regarding http://www.eurowx.com that someone linked earlier, pretty neat little site.  Easy to navigate and graphics are adequate.  At first I thought it updated very quickly as the "Current Run" text showed 12z, but then realized I was mistaken as the images are delayed big time. Not sure it's worth the 8 bucks a month for just Euro maps.  If they provided the text output like AccuPro it might.  Something to keep an eye on.

Regarding http://www.eurowx.com that someone linked earlier, pretty neat little site.  Easy to navigate and graphics are adequate.  At first I thought it updated very quickly as the "Current Run" text showed 12z, but then realized I was mistaken as the images are delayed big time. Not sure it's worth the 8 bucks a month for just Euro maps.  If they provided the text output like AccuPro it might.  Something to keep an eye on.

Yeah, that was me.  I saw you post one of the maps earlier.  It's nice to be able to try it for free without having to input credit card information and such.

Unfortunately, the maps take forever to come out and with Wunderground having some Euro stuff available for free now, I'm not sure if it's worth it or not (maybe it would be if I were a met).

I was thinking of getting a premium subscription to one of the sites, but I'm not so sure.  Having the Euro would be nice, but the delayed Wunderground might be good enough.

Do the maps go out to 240, or just 180?

it's not that much money, but when you already subscribe to individuals and then also subscribe to AmericanWx or somewhere else to get map access, you feel like you are getting nickled and dimed.  lol. 

Yea, you have to pick and choose the places you want to subscribe to, or it can get expensive. And then some of us have web hosting to pay on top of that.

Thanks Tony! 

I try! Actually, I'm trying to weed out pages that aren't very functional now because I have too many to take care of! The problem is, for every page I get rid of, I add two more. I know that must be some kind of compulsive something or the other, but I don't know what it would be called!   :santa:

:lmao:

In all seriousness tho, I just don't want to quickly disregard any short term model because it has less qpf than some of the globals...

I would say tomorrow we will know if the NAM is out to lunch or not. It wasn't that long ago the GFS was in the same boat.

You seem to mention Wilkes county a lot.. hmm..

Archived