Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Metallica can't stand to see folks getting cold air damming ice while he bakes in S GA (mid 80's today)

Hottest day ever in Waycross for December. I don't know if I'm jealous or I just stand to see the worst models being posted and people expecting that outcome and saying it does better than X in Y situation.

Crazy how folks are talking about December being warm and a winter threat showing on the models for later next week in the December pattern thread. Makes me think the models don't have a clue what will happen.

Lol the European has did this twice in November. Don't believe it unless it's 4 days out.

Well played!

We all hear about the models this and that and switching and trust and so on....

I think the reality may be MORE that the people reading them and people posting about them are in more disagreement than the models.

There is no good reason so many people should have such polar opposite outlooks based on the SAME information.  This leads me to believe that the "people factor" may be more at play recently than the "model factor". Ingredients include, but are not limited to: Egos, Stubbornness, Pride, Egos, Less Knowledge, More Knowledge, Egos, etc...

And then there's...you know...Brick. Just running his canned posting machine like a friggin' robo-dialer during an election cycle.

We all hear about the models this and that and switching and trust and so on....

I think the reality may be MORE that the people reading them and people posting about them are in more disagreement than the models.

There is no good reason so many people should have such polar opposite outlooks based on the SAME information.  This leads me to believe that the "people factor" may be more at play recently than the "model factor". Ingredients include, but are not limited to: Egos, Stubbornness, Pride, Egos, Less Knowledge, More Knowledge, Egos, etc...

And then there's...you know...Brick. Just running his canned posting machine like a friggin' robo-dialer during an election cycle.

Ah, the voice of reason.  Well said my friend.

Well, if you read the December patter thread, it is really hard to figure out what December looks like. There are folks saying the models show something for later next week, and folks saying at the same time that it's going to warm up and be a torch for the rest of the month. And some of these folks are mets.

Well, if you read the December patter thread, it is really hard to figure out what December looks like. There are folks saying the models show something for later next week, and folks saying at the same time that it's going to warm up and be a torch for the rest of the month. And some of these folks are mets.

What met posted in the dec pattern thread that the month would be a torch?

Clearly the torch is more likely to be right. We live in the SE. The indices are terrible and the EPO isn't going to be on our side for long. That seemed to dominate over the other indices in November as they were all unfavorable for winter weather.

You just put in print exactly what I described. It's more of a case of people disagreeing than models.  And what does it matter that some mets are screaming torch? Other mets are screaming ice age. They are looking at the EXACT SAME DATA.  I agree with the poster who stated that it's getting down right comical and/or frustrating because of it.  Especially when some members post such stubborn and authoritative proclamations of torching based on the same data that others are using to preach an ice box.  It is getting ridiculous.  Personally, I'm already tired of the **** alarm bells when no consistent evidence has occurred except for the fact that every warm prog since March has been either incorrect or really, really incorrect.  For now, I'm going to stick with the only consistent thing so far - track records.

Archived