• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December Banter

metalicwx366

Thing is I am not trying to troll anyone. Just posting what I think. I don't know anything about this stuff. I don't have the time to learn it. I just like following the weather when it comes to things like snow, severe storms, and hurricanes. I am sure I could learn more but I just don't have the time to do it. I don't see how people going on and on about me posting one post saying the weather looks interesting next week is any better on the thread than my original post.

Of course you don't have time, you spend your lunch breaks trying to play bball, your work days and nights and weekends at home commenting in multiple threads here (all the while repeating the same things over and over) and complaining when the weather you want doesn't happen or there is not enough of the snow you want to warrant you a day off from work. No you have no time at all to pick up even an ounce of weather knowledge even though you spend as much, if not more time than anyone else on our sub-forum reading threads. And then when someone like Burns calls your bluff or tries to even be nice and ask you to contribute something other than your banter in the storm/pattern threads, you complain and say "everyone else does it!" (much like the university you pull for). Does that cover it all? I will say this, you are at least more interesting and even tolerable than other posters in the other sun-forums. I can't even stand to read some of the threads on the OV section when I'm on the road like now because of what's said that doesn't contribute to anything going on.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course you don't have time, you spend your lunch breaks trying to play bball, your work days and nights and weekends at home commenting in multiple threads here (all the while repeating the same things over and over) and complaining when the weather you want doesn't happen or there is not enough of the snow you want to warrant you a day off from work. No you have no time at all to pick up even an ounce of weather knowledge even though you spend as much, if not more time than anyone else on our sub-forum reading threads. And then when someone like Burns calls your bluff or tries to even be nice and ask you to contribute something other than your banter in the storm/pattern threads, you complain and say "everyone else does it!" (much like the university you pull for). Does that cover it all? I will say this, you are at least more interesting and even tolerable than other posters in the other sun-forums. I can't even stand to read some of the threads on the OV section when I'm on the road like now because of what's said that doesn't contribute to anything going on.

Actually, the only time I come here is during winter and if there is a threat of severe storms or a hurricane to track. Imagine if I actually tried to learn more about the science behind everything. I'd never get anything done. I have to have a life sometime.

But I can just reply to everything in this thread. It's cool. Unless I have something very scientific to say or an obs for an event, I can just stay in here and make it my home.

I see what you did there!

Stay mad.

10 win season and our players actually take classes.

Funny, I thought Lance Thomas played basketball. And I said any program that was good. Duke just started to become good again in football.

You are really fooling yourself if you don't think "improper benefits" and easy or no-show classes don't take place at other schools where they have big time programs.  

I don't think UNC* can be included in the bolded above for what they got by cheating, unless it's proven that basketball also benefited outside of those prestigious AFAM degrees. ;)

UNC was getting good in football before all that mess happened. And they actually would have played in the ACC championship game last year, too.

Funny, I thought Lance Thomas played basketball. And I said any program that was good. Duke just started to become good again in football.

You are really fooling yourself if you don't think "improper benefits" and easy or no-show classes don't take place at other schools where they have big time programs.

Oh, he did.

The difference is flagrant rule violations and being dumb enough to actually get caught. It does happen everywhere but if you don't get caught nothing and happens. Unfortunately for UNC it's their turn to deal with the scandal. I'm sure duke will get caught for something again eventually

Oh, he did.

The difference is flagrant rule violations and being dumb enough to actually get caught. It does happen everywhere but if you don't get caught nothing and happens. Unfortunately for UNC it's their turn to deal with the scandal. I'm sure duke will get caught for something again eventually

The bad thing is I really think most of the time the coaches are out of the loop, and it's just a few players that ruin it for everyone.

Well, they do all do it, at least any that are any good. It's just a matter of getting caught or not.

I am sure Lance Thomas could really afford $67,800 in jewelry when he was at Duke, and just had the $30,000 cash payment on hand.

Come on, Brick, take a little justified ribbing here.  It's fun to step on the rival school when they're down.  You'll dish it out just fine when it's the other way around.  Nice win for Duke last night in B-ball.  Can UNC match it tonight against MSU?  A bounce-back game after the L they took from UAB, perhaps?

Not saying the coaches shouldn't know. They are probably kept out of the loop on purpose. The more they know, the worse it could be.

Football maybe, but basketball definitely not. Teams are small, the whole season and majority of the off-season you spend with your coaches and the one or two guys (guys the agents are after and scouts cone to watch) they have to worry about are watched like hawks. If you are a D1 coach and don't know what's going on with your players then you aren't involved in your job and should be fired for incompetence and failure to do an important part of your job.

Not saying the coaches shouldn't know. They are probably kept out of the loop on purpose. The more they know, the worse it could be.

That doesn't make any sense. Of course the coaches would know. The coach has to make sure his players have time to commit to the team, not to schoolwork. He sets them up with "tutoring" and lets them know which throwaway classes their buddies will be taking.

Butch Davis definitely knew.

Thing is I am not trying to troll anyone. Just posting what I think. I don't know anything about this stuff. I don't have the time to learn it. I just like following the weather when it comes to things like snow, severe storms, and hurricanes. I am sure I could learn more but I just don't have the time to do it. I don't see how people going on and on about me posting one post saying the weather looks interesting next week is any better on the thread than my original post.

I'm going to go on ahead and call :bs: on this one.  It's impossible to be a sentient human being and be on these boards as long as you have and not learn anything.  You have to TRY not to.  So, don't act like it's a time thing, cause it just aint true.  You want to remain ignorant.

That said, I don't care what you post or where...but I might call you out from time to time.

12z Tuesday in Fayetteville AR was 23 below zero according to the gfs meteostar outputs.

Yep, I'm up here in Lancaster, Ohio and thinking I won't be doing much work this weekend due to the weather. Luckily temps aren't showing up like that but any snow cover and it be lucky to get above 15 for a high.

Yeah, people replying to you in the pattern thread are almost as distracting as your comments. Genius trolling on your part though, you can really reel em in.

I'm not from this region but I read every subforum from time to time, and just had to comment on this. Of course everyone believes you're trolling when you've been on this board for years, and haven't learned one thing, which you admit. It's not hard, if you don't know what the heck your talking about, don't post in the anything but the banter threads, observe and here's a novel concept, learn. I don't get what the heck is so hard about not posting when people don't know what they're talking about. I don't know jack about forecasting winter events, I'm mostly a severe person. So what do I do? Sit back and observe until the event is on top of us. I learned a heck of a lot from here, and eastern that way. This seems to be a lot of people's problems on here, no matter what, they feel the need to post every little thought that comes to their heads. I honestly believe you're trolling anyway, because like was stated, it's impossible to be on these boards for years and not learn ANYTHING. Just my 2 cents.

I'm not from this region but I read every subforum from time to time, and just had to comment on this. Of course everyone believes you're trolling when you've been on this board for years, and haven't learned one thing, which you admit. It's not hard, if you don't know what the heck your talking about, don't post in the anything but the banter threads, observe and here's a novel concept, learn. I don't get what the heck is so hard about not posting when people don't know what they're talking about. I don't know jack about forecasting winter events, I'm mostly a severe person. So what do I do? Sit back and observe until the event is on top of us. I learned a heck of a lot from here, and eastern that way. This seems to be a lot of people's problems on here, no matter what, they feel the need to post every little thought that comes to their heads. I honestly believe you're trolling anyway, because like was stated, it's impossible to be on these boards for years and not learn ANYTHING. Just my 2 cents.

+ ∞

Banter post of the year.

:clap:

I know old news just a reminder tho.

By 2014, the power of the GFS will increase by as much as 10 times its current level. Only $23.7 million to accomplish this.

So instead of missing a storm's track by a mere 100 miles, it will be able to shove that big boy 1000 miles in any direction? Awesome!!!

Archived