12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg Fishel is giving a lecture from 7-8 pm tonight at NC State's Centennial campus, in case any of you Triangle folks are interested. It's about communicating the degree of uncertainty in weather forecasts in addition to the actual forecast. It's free and open to anyone.

I wonder if he'll take pot shots at other meteorologists like he did last February on Twitter.

Greg Fishel is giving a lecture from 7-8 pm tonight at NC State's Centennial campus, in case any of you Triangle folks are interested. It's about communicating the degree of uncertainty in weather forecasts in addition to the actual forecast. It's free and open to anyone.

So it's about comparing models on the air?    :)

Well while that may be true. I have two kids in those schools and I'm glad they did

It's more of a feel good move that disrupts the school day without increasing security significantly.  If they are already checking all visitors by camera before they unlock the doors a lockdown doesn't add much except news coverage.  I see your point of view though. As I said, it's a feel good move for parents.

It's more of a feel good move that disrupts the school day without increasing security significantly.  If they are already checking all visitors by camera before they unlock the doors a lockdown doesn't add much except news coverage.  I see your point of view though. As I said, it's a feel good move for parents.

As someone who has actually attended schools locked down because of 'think of the children' hysteria, I can confirm it's really fcking annoying. We were told to all crouch so people looking in the windows wouldn't see anyone inside.

Because an intruder would totally believe no one AT ALL was in a school during school hours. Right.

It also puts the school on alert that there is a possible intruder in the area.

To alert a school the police or central office just has to make a phone call to the office. Then procedures are quietly put into place.  Believe me when I tell you that the police would prefer it that way.  I guarantee you there are parents outside those schools demanding the school release their child.

I was trying to remember what date cold rain (and actually all rain, for that matter) normally goes from being a good thing to being evil. I think it is normally Dec. 1. However, this year the transition was much earlier...say, around Nov. 15! I blame it on global warming. Cold rain will remain evil til March 15 this winter I believe. So, a solid four month long evil cold rain season, wow!

Tony, I know you're one of the relative few who never feel cold rain is evil. So, I'm not forgetting about you, sir!

Cold rain is always just a few degrees from gold rain.  It gives us eternal hope in a hopeless winter.  I have cad lights in my house to simulate drizzle and foggy when it is too sunny outside.  Sunshine depression is the worst :) T

Friend of mine lives in Crested Butte. A foot yesterday and another forecast for today.

Also, if you just want to sit and be mesmerized, check out the HD Panorama Cameras at Aspen.

Grab a cup and click here:

http://www.aspensnowmass.com/ASPENSNOWMASS/THE%20POWER%20OF%20FOUR/Roundshot?gclid=CNaaiu7mlrsCFSEV7AodGQwAmA

(sorry Tony, no sleet in these pics)

Thanks, Shack!  My yard will look that that this year.  i have it on good authority!  Never give up.....

Tony should start the thread soon. We need expert analysis of the 216 NAM ASAAP.

Lol, I will in a heart beat.  This last one brought me good rains, and I believe it's because I started a thread way too early.  I'm not the least bit superstitious, but I do believe little bits of human nonsense affect the world around us, and especially ballgames and the weather...and good luck, and bad luck, of course :)  Tony

Yeah, people replying to you in the pattern thread are almost as distracting as your comments.  Genius trolling on your part though, you can really reel em in.

Thing is I am not trying to troll anyone. Just posting what I think. I don't know anything about this stuff. I don't have the time to learn it. I just like following the weather when it comes to things like snow, severe storms, and hurricanes. I am sure I could learn more but I just don't have the time to do it. I don't see how people going on and on about me posting one post saying the weather looks interesting next week is any better on the thread than my original post.

Thing is I am not trying to troll anyone. Just posting what I think. I don't know anything about this stuff. I don't have the time to learn it. I just like following the weather when it comes to things like snow, severe storms, and hurricanes. I am sure I could learn more but I just don't have the time to do it. I don't see how people going on and on about me posting one post saying the weather looks interesting next week is any better on the thread than my original post.

The whole issue is pretty silly since the board has an ignore option that works perfectly well.

Archived