e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take the Canadian's solution if it gives us the day 7-8 fantasy storm it was showing at 12z.  :lmao:

The Canadian is the ultimate weenie model today.  Major ice storm on Sunday ... major Southeastern winter storm later in the week.  Are we sure a weenie didn't tamper with it's initialization?  :lmao:

I think I found the culprit.

NZCRoHs.jpg

The model is in a drunken stupor and infused with crack.

How does Accuweather manage to have such terrible maps on such a consistent basis?  No wintry weather at all in the Western VA or in DC?  All-rain in Pittsburgh?  All-rain in Ohio?  And they make it look like Chicago is going to get a blizzard.  Apparently, it's not going to rain at all here, either.

650x366_12041527_cold-returns-hd.jpg

pathetic comes to mind here!

Lol NWS has snow in the forecast for Death Valley and Las Vegas. Apparently it can snow in the hottest place in the world.

They already had snow in Las Vegas this morning. My friend out that way was wayyyy too excited. haha! 

Forget the cold, let's see who'll crack 80 on Friday   :lmao:

Heck, we hit 72 today and it was foggy until 1, then cloudy, then rainy. I was out shopping most of the day and thought it was spring. And to think... I'm taking the girlfriend to Florida this weekend to meet the parents... Forecast highs? 82-85.  :axe:

I present this photograph to you as a relic from that long bygone era where we used to have major snwostorms in the Southeast.  These photographs are quickly becoming collectors' items as each winter successively has no major snowstorms.  :lmao:

100_1055.jpg

Just kidding........

But may we have a major regionwide snowstorm this year, please?

Greg Fishel is giving a lecture from 7-8 pm tonight at NC State's Centennial campus, in case any of you Triangle folks are interested. It's about communicating the degree of uncertainty in weather forecasts in addition to the actual forecast. It's free and open to anyone.

Went to a storm spotter seminar last year given by one of NWS RAH's forecasters. He mentioned afterwards that Fishel gets perturbed at station management pushing the envelope on weather amounts to the detriment of forecast accuracy. Said Greg has to fight them often. And you wonder the source for weatherman jokes over their accuracy.

Archived