Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I make the On going hour180 Winter Storm thread?  :lol:

We need a Winter Storm bad. Like now. It's showing.

One day even our fantasy storms will go away, I'll have to get my crystal ball and magic 8 ball out. *closes eyes* hmmmmm I see snow in the Southeast around December 23rd! Or maybe not, call my 1-900 weather physic hotline and we can talk about it!!!

Wasn't that the one where Cantore was reporting on bare grass in DC while RIC had thundersnow?

Yes.

It's pretty crazy because the models were great even as the storm was starting.  You can see tempers start to flare as the thread wears on towards dawn, though.  The RAP was its typical unreliable self, too.  The SREF model plumes were crushed in white rain.

I just hope we don't get Snowquestered some day.

In order to be consistent, someone needs to start and pin the following threads.

On going Miller A storms thread

On going Miller B storms thread

On going Nor'easter storms thread

On going Northwest flows snow thread

See this way I don't have to resort to Wilkesing.  I'm just following my mentor Mr Burns who started the tropical season thread back in Dec. and it's still running this Dec.   However I am willing to start a Burnsism thread :)  T

Anyone have a favorite free mpg to dvd converter that just lets me drag a file in and hit burn?  I had one installed and it said it was free, but wanted to add a water mark.  The one I'm trying out now converts, but then I have to burn it after it's done.  I'm testing ease and quality, but I'd prefer for you to have done that already, and just point me to the proggie :)  Thanks!  Tbone

Just because it is warm right now doesn't mean the rest of the month is going to be bad. Even I know that. It's going to be in the 40s just three days from now. And we have often had big winter events here right after a warmup.

Plenty of time for things to change, just like it did for the Panthers this year. ;)  I really don't put much stock in the long range forecasts anyway. They are changing daily.

KiTR6YU.gif

Archived