Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This forum only allows post about cold possibilities or snow possibilities. It's like there is a Joe Bastardi/DT in almost all on here. You post anything about why or the possibility of it being warm, you get burned. So much speculation that goes on it's ridiculous, then when you disagree, you get burned. Look at what Brick just posted in the discussion thread, I can reply to that on why the hell that won't happen, but you all will get pissed off. Move North if you want cold.

BS.

This forum only allows post about cold possibilities or snow possibilities. It's like there is a Joe Bastardi/DT in almost all on here. You post anything about why or the possibility of it being warm, you get burned. So much speculation that goes on it's ridiculous, then when you disagree, you get burned. Look at what Brick just posted in the discussion thread, I can reply to that on why the hell that won't happen, but you all will get pissed off. Move North if you want cold.

For the love of god give it a REST. It should be obvious why Brick is slammed when he posts, he has been for years and it's not going to change because of his posting style.

Now to say it doesn't allow people talking the other extreme, ridging, etc is absurd. There are a lot of posters and mets who talk about how they don't buy into it being a wintry pattern just yet, or whatever. What determines the kind of backlash you get depends on how your posts are received. If you talk like an asshat who is just trying to stir up some ****, then yeah your post is going to get some backlash...but if you provide analogs, maps, model runs, etc to support your reasoning, you're more likely to encourage a healthy debate. The issue comes when you're busting someone's ass who is actually posting crap that supports their reasoning without posting anything supporting yours, then you wonder why your ass gets chapped.

This is supposed to be light humorous banter. I can not allow the destruction of this forum.  I shall fight in the forums, I shall fight in IMs, I shall fight on storm chases. I shall never surrender and if, which I do not for the moment believe, this forum or any part of it were subjugated and locked, then our moderators beyond the web, armed and guarded by the terms of service, will carry on the struggle until in God's good time a new forum with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and liberation of the Old.

Now lighten up, you dumb sum bitches.

This is supposed to be light humorous banter. I can not allow the destruction of this forum.  I shall fight in the forums, I shall fight in IMs, I shall fight on storm chases. I shall never surrender and if, which I do not for the moment believe, this forum or any part of it were subjugated and locked, then our moderators beyond the web, armed and guarded by the terms of service, will carry on the struggle until in God's good time a new forum with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and liberation of the Old.

+1

First for the love of god give it a REST. It should be obvious why Brick is slammed when he posts, he has been for years and it's not going to change because of his posting style.

Now to say it doesn't allow people talking the other extreme, ridging, etc is absurd. There are a lot of posters and mets who talk about how they don't buy into it being a wintry pattern just yet, or whatever. What determines the kind of backlash you get depends on how your posts are received. If you talk like an asshat who is just trying to stir up some ****, then yeah your post is going to get some backlash...but if you provide analogs, maps, model runs, etc to support your reasoning, you're more likely to encourage a healthy debate. The issue comes when you're busting someone's ass who is actually posting crap that supports their reasoning without posting anything supporting yours, then you wonder why your ass gets chapped.

Everything you just said makes sense, but I don't see where I came in trying to stir up BS. You posted this and Southern Snow told me I was doing the exact opposite. Where did I come in wrong in the discussion thread? It's like everything is directed at me. The last few posts in the discussion thread have nothing to do with pattern discussion. Btw I'm over it.

Everything you just said makes sense, but I don't see where I came in frying to stir up BS. You posted this and Southern Snow told me I was doing the exact opposite. Where did I come in wrong in the discussion thread? It's like everything is directed at me. The last few posts in the discussion thread have nothing to do with pattern discussion. Btw I'm over it.

I was just trying to offer some reasoning, IDK specific instances where you've tried to stir up some crap I just suggested that might be why you're getting backlash.

I just hope we get some freaking snow threats so we all quit going at each other's necks.

are you capable of giving intelligent reasons why it will be warm and not snow? So far you are either not capable of this or you are trolling. Which one?

are you capable of giving intelligent reasons why it will be warm and not snow? So you are either not capable of this or you are trolling. Which one?

Uhh there are plenty of reasons. Are you capable of giving intelligent reasons why it will be cold and not warm? No. That's why a 940mb European low was brought up to "hopefully" shuffle up the pattern. Nearly everyone is above average. So far the warm has been winning. Look at this weekend. Will push the warm anomalies further up. The indices are currently piss poor for winter weather and you know it. +QBO causing a lot of westerly windshear which doesn't help us. Also a positive QBO favors a more dominant AO/NAO. The overwhelming EPO is flattening out . The only thing I see in our favor is the post Christmas period where indices may look a little better and we might have a better shot at blocking and West coast ridging. Some models hint at that which is definitely a turn around from yesterday. It could reverse the other way tomorrow.

This plus a thousand. Decided just for giggles to reread the pattern forum from a year ago and then two years ago. Wow you could cut paste and it would fit. The only difference is there are some very good posters missing. Give it a rest guys. Enjoy your HOBBY and let others do the same.

I was just trying to offer some reasoning, IDK specific instances where you've tried to stir up some crap I just suggested that might be why you're getting backlash.

I just hope we get some freaking snow threats so we all quit going at each other's necks.

Thanks for the advice. That last post was it. Back to banter.

:mapsnow:

You're penciled in, upgrade to ink immenent 

Love me some potato candy. 

Me too   ^_^     I'm making peanut butter fudge tomorrow  :lol: 

Looks more like sushi.

Potato, powdered sugar and peanut butter  :P   

This plus a thousand. Decided just for giggles to reread the pattern forum from a year ago and then two years ago. Wow you could cut paste and it would fit. The only difference is there are some very good posters missing. Give it a rest guys. Enjoy your HOBBY and let others do the same.

Merry Christmas to you and your family   :hug:    :snowman:

Archived