joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Downtown (?) Waycross is 35 miles from the FL/GA border.

The forecast low here is 62 over the next two nights. Of course, the forecast low on Tuesday night is 25.

Lol yeah I know we are right near the border.

I was hoping we would stay warm for Christmas.

3.06 for the month so far. 64.75 for the year. A weather station two miles to the NW has a yearly total of 75.25.

That stations rainfall totals for the past four years.

2012: 53.62

2011: 61.42

2010: 57.84

2009: 77.19

Just went back and re-visited one of our old storm threads over on Eastern for the Jan 29-30, 2010 winter storm. Brick and Widreman were in rare form back then..... Anyway, if you want to keep some of those, I suggest you get over there before it gets lost forever.

Hey could you post a link. I would like to read it. Also if you have the February 12th 2010 storm as well.

That's crazy. Models were showing 3-6 inches of snow for Florida. We were under a winter storm warning.

might have been me. I think by February I was on my 6th event? I know we ended that year with a good one in March too.

Crazy. What caused it to stay cold almost the entire winter? Was the winter +PNA and -NAO/AO with extreme blocking the majority of the Winter?

Yes, Yes, and Yes as Franklin said. Everyone didn't get hit big, but from a 500mb pattern standpoint, it was as good as it gets. The 1969 winter was another one with a really great pattern.

Archived