joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow stopped here, 17" today, I guess 18" if you add yesterdays inch that melted. It got a degree or two warmer towards the end and made the snow wet and sticky, it stuck to everything including my snowblower auger, it was useless. Fortunately my wife left work early, she drove up and I said "you know how you say we should do more things together, well heres a shovel, lets shovel the driveway together". hehe

Hey that inch yesterday counts...even though they compact/melt. As I mentioned before, the new depth on the ground and the "storm total" will probably be several inches difference in a long duration storm like this.

10-11 was def way better. ORH broke 100" now and didn't that winter I believe. My total back in Shrewsbury is almost exactly the same at 89", although I could still go higher.

Missing this hurts a bit for sure.

2011 had just an epic snow pack and constant cold from the 2nd week of January until the 3 day torch in mid Feb that year...so it was a deeper winter feel.

But this year has had two epic storms whereas 2011 really only had 1, and it fell short of both of these storms for our area. Its too bad we are going to torch for a few days here before it cools off again because we would have had a great shot of building an epic March snow pack for the first time since 2001...though 2005 was pretty good too.

Archived