• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

At 3 pm, Worcester reported 22.8" snow. That brings the February-March figure to 67.4" (2nd highest for that timeframe) and seasonal total to 101.0" (4th highest all-time). With 23.0" snow for March, March 2013 is the snowiest March in Worcester since 2005 when 24.6" fell.

Don, due to the poor snow obs in the late 1990s and early 2000s, the records are a bit off. When I worked with the NWS to piece together snowfall for ORH in those missing years, I have 101.0" as being the 7th highest seasonal total:

1. 1995-1996....132.9" (NWS BOX site has Nov/Dec/Jan correct for that winter but the Feb/Mar/Apr totals are wrong)

2. 1992-1993....120.1"

3. 2002-2003....117.3"

4. 2004-2005....114.3"

5. 1960-1961....104.3"

6. 2000-2001....102.1"

7. 2012-2013....101.0"

Unfortunately we don't have a record of some of these years in the official NCDC database.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil called this in January. Phil FTW

I told Jerry at the GTG on Jan 12th that BOS would get 54" this season. Phil was bullish too. He even stuck to his guns when the first round of blocking failed to produce in late Jan.

I told Jerry at the GTG on Jan 12th that BOS would get 54" this season. Phil was bullish too. He even stuck to his guns when the first round of blocking failed to produce in late Jan.

This last month finally produced when we got the stupid confluence out of the way and more srn stream systems (although this was not). I know I tried to tell Rollo that when he had his static cling fetish. But, when the pattern crapped out in late January..I started to wonder if it would be more of those posts from weenies saying  "it always 2 weeks away..." The euro weeklies really did well.

your in luck then!   The next 4-5 days will see most of it vanish...warmth, March sun and a rainstorm will do the trick...if it were a month ago, it would stick around alot longer

Why do you do this daily, you piss on it all the time. Its unreal. I think we all know that.

I will remember that GTG for a long time, our convo outside about what was coming up. Patience lads patience.I bet Pickles, by the way where the heck is he and someone else. 

What the TV stations didn't show you when they had the footage of Berts in Plymouth is that the ocean came across into the marsh.  I cannot believe what I saw down there today.  Parts of the road washed away.  All along the water there is road damage, huge,huge, HUGE portions of dunes and beach gone even in places that I believe had never historically flooded even in 1978

Archived