• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

I've never seen anything like it. I have theories, but I do kind of understand how it stayed put. I'm surprised Cory didn't smash his accordian and world champion trophies.

when i get into work tmrw i am going to cut some cross sections of some mesoscale model data to see if it can shed some light.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen anything like it. I have theories, but I do kind of understand how it stayed put. I'm surprised Cory didn't smash his accordian and world champion trophies.

i really think this may go down as my favorite storm. Think about all the crazy things that just went on with this thing. There is no way some of this could have been predicted

Yeah I posted that. RPM seemed to catch on to the screw hole. The 20" in ORH was good too. It was pretty good actually.

RPM seemed to have the orientation of the snow pretty good...a little high on the amounts in SE MA but really not by that much. The RPM's one fail was it really missed the way that one firehose band went into NE CT.

Harvey explaning Fujiwara. Now that is the explanation you want to see. My man.

Seriously? Family life FTL... I missed it.

Going with 18.0" here.  Might be off an inch or two either way. Tough to measure with the lulls. etc.

Wachusett was great though. I ventured into some powder stashes that were thigh deep. I bet they had 22-24"

Cleared out pretty early though. We could see the storm over by Boston from the summit (ish) around 2PM or so.  We could also see Monadnock.

It was crazy though. It just did not want to get far into CT. It never made it west of about Ginx. Ashford Blizzard must have stained several pairs of shorts watching that thing

If this were rain for me...I would have just given up and become a nomad like pickles. Just lose my mind and become homeless.

i really think this may go down as my favorite storm. Think about all the crazy things that just went on with this thing. There is no way some of this could have been predicted

I have to agree, the blizzard was a bust low here after all the hype(crazy that we can call 19" a bust!), but theres something about a suprise that makes it all the more fun. Even when it was rolling in upton still had 4" here and it was becming obvious that his was going to bust, i tought i would wake up to 6",when i saw i had 8", i was shocked. Really fun watching this one on radar and american wx, it's way more tisfying to get 10" when you were expecting 5 than when the forecast wasfor 8-12 overall. Best storm of the winter here. Close win over the blizzard, but the suprise pushed it over the top.

-skisheep

quick, put on nightly news (nbc) they are about to talk about how the euro schools the goofus
Can someone record it and post it? Would be cool to watch, on ipad now not near a tv... Is this nbc ct or nyc, and do they post their stuff online? Thanks!

-skisheep

Archived