joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one's hard to fudge. Not much blowing and drifting closer to the coast.

I had some drifting but I always do where I am. That total is too high IMHO, but I could buy 20. I noticed the Quincy total always high and it's a general public report which should raise flags.

weirdest storm accumulation wise here i have ever seen. back yard had 6 inches, front yard 3.5. Temp went to  down to  30.1 with some good rates and yet my streets or sidewalks never got covered yet i saw pics on Li and nyc and south jersey that had less snow and much more covering the streets with warmer temps.  The streets i can understand if they were treated before hand ect  but how to hell can i have such a huge difference between front and back yards?  no drifting either.

I had some drifting but I always do where I am. That total is too high IMHO, but I could buy 20. I noticed the Quincy total always high and it's a general public report which should raise flags.

Only reason I think it's probably okay is it fits the banding we saw. Hard one to measure lots of people calling in reports for snow depth and not snow fall.

I've never seen anything like it. I have theories, but I do kind of understand how it stayed put. I'm surprised Cory didn't smash his accordian and world champion trophies.

it wasnt that much different here...being in light to occ mod snow while areas five to fifteen miles east and south just crushed and wound up with three to ten inches more than you did

I did a fairly easy though not so easy because of aching body from shoveling blue snow yesterday 12 mile run this morning. The snowbanks lining the sides of the roads in the neighborhoods are just insane. I think they are close to rivaling 2011-2012.Just massive. Remember they were still pretty big from the blizzard and then you piled 22 inches of this stuff on top..And more coming next weekend and beyond..those things are gonna be around for a long,long timeNo yardwork till April this year I think.

BOX tossed all the Hampshire county reports in the latest PNS for some reason.  Parts of Hadley and South Amherst had a T.  Goes to show just how strong the signal needs to be post mid-Feb to even lean advy criteria.  No cold antecedent airmass equals no chance.  I ended up going 1-3 for Umass and busted high.  

...HAMPSHIRE COUNTY...   WARE                  10.8   700 AM  3/08  COOP OBSERVER   BELCHERTOWN            8.0  1145 AM  3/08  HAM RADIO   HUNTINGTON             7.0   845 AM  3/08  HAM RADIO   WORTHINGTON            6.6   700 AM  3/08  COOP OBSERVER   SOUTH HADLEY           2.5  1146 AM  3/08  HAM RADIO   NORTHAMPTON            2.0   939 AM  3/08  HAM RADIO    AMHERST                1.0   700 AM  3/08  COOP OBSERVER 

I did a fairly easy though not so easy because of aching body from shoveling blue snow yesterday 12 mile run this morning. The snowbanks lining the sides of the roads in the neighborhoods are just insane. I think they are close to rivaling 2011-2012.Just massive. Remember they were still pretty big from the blizzard and then you piled 22 inches of this stuff on top..And more coming next weekend and beyond..those things are gonna be around for a long,long timeNo yardwork till April this year I think.

10/11 but yea, saw some pics from your area and from Blue Hill, Boston, awesome.

BOX tossed all the Hampshire county reports in the latest PNS for some reason.  Parts of Hadley and South Amherst had a T.  Goes to show just how strong the signal needs to be post mid-Feb to even lean advy criteria.  No cold antecedent airmass equals no chance.  I ended up going 1-3 for Umass and busted high.  

...HAMPSHIRE COUNTY...   WARE                  10.8   700 AM  3/08  COOP OBSERVER   BELCHERTOWN            8.0  1145 AM  3/08  HAM RADIO   HUNTINGTON             7.0   845 AM  3/08  HAM RADIO   WORTHINGTON            6.6   700 AM  3/08  COOP OBSERVER   SOUTH HADLEY           2.5  1146 AM  3/08  HAM RADIO   NORTHAMPTON            2.0   939 AM  3/08  HAM RADIO    AMHERST                1.0   700 AM  3/08  COOP OBSERVER 

this morning i heard people commenting how much more snow there was here as oppossed to a mile and a half away downtown...also the difference between measuring on top of the car, old snow, and pavements was huge here!! i measured on asphalt that had never been pretreated and came up with 6.5 inches while in the street was 3-4 inches..top of old snow and grassy surfaces and cars was all 6.5 to 8 inches..went with 7 final.

also heard some places in chicopee had under two inches on the grass and car tops! also heard how just s and e of here in east longmeadow and long meadow there was at least a few more inches..just really wild stuff.

Sleet is on average 3:1. Maybe after years of Tweets of Morch talk from Kevin, the mets didn't believe the coast could get dumped on in March anymore. Some of the ratios must be really high from Kevin to Will to HubbDave. With that prolonged midlevel frontogenesis/TROWAL it was reasonable to think the interior would rack up the 15-20:1. Even with temps of 31-32F it's possible...October '11 proved that to me.

That's always what I've gotten with sleet.  Densest frsh snowfall I've measured was 4:1 (10.7" with 2.68" LE) Feb 25-28, 2010.  With the 1.14" of slushy rain afterwards, we finished with about 7" of 'stuff' holding about 3" water - great fun with ths snowscoop, especially as I was also scraping up gravel.

Youll have toi post the modis image when it comes out later.

I took a weenie drive, the snow line down in SE CT is literally at the border. From my house to Windham CT goes from 5-6 OTG to 14-16 in 6 miles. Garth who is 5 miles as my crow flies has 14, his crow flies drunkardly 15 miles.But when this case study comes out please let us know. I looked at OKX, CHH soundings for yesterday and the day before and nothing stood out, thought there might be  hint . Pretty sure it was downward drying at midlevels. The persistence is what is truly amazing, even when the axis shifted yesterday the drying was still taking place.

Archived