Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

6.8" here... oh well. 

So happy for you guys out east. I could have done without Kevin getting 20"+ but it is what it is. 

Totally funky mesoscale banding did some weird stuff in CT. Numbers were all over the place. 

Not sure I would forecast this event any differently... the synoptics had me intrigued/excited so my gut was to go bullish and I probably should have been more gung ho particularly by late Wednesday and Thursday morning.

How the hell does that lucky sob always jackpot.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't work this, but there's a difference between explaining how rare this is and what happeend..vs just being stubborn and ignoring every model the day before a storm.

A deal is a deal. 

Tip mentioned earlier 97.  I was getting off a plane from the Caribbean as the first drops fell.  The talk down there was of a pending blizzard.  The first forecast I saw was from Barry Burbank talking about 20+.   In a few hours I leave for the Caribbean, after a 97 esque dumpage.  I'll be back in 10 days, please have a storm ready.

We've got guests staying at the house and that's our cue to head to a warmer climate.

There's room for you and yours in Rhode Island!

Thanks Jerry, this has been brutal. I guess the payback for my 94" in 09-10 is brutal. It has been over 770 days since I have seen a 2" storm :axe: . I am happy you guys are getting raked enjoy.

I'm happy Kevin got that much...he'll be outside sculpting and shaping his snow banks until midnight and up at 6am grooming them like the guys at Sunday River.

Once the snow falls and the kids are done sledding I'm all set with it, but he really appreciates the aspect of looking at it, so good for him.

I'm happy Kevin got that much...he'll be outside sculpting and shaping his snow banks until midnight and up at 6am grooming them like the guys at Sunday River.

Once the snow falls and the kids are done sledding I'm all set with it, but he really appreciates the aspect of looking at it, so good for him.

They're done..gotta bring kiddos to friends house..will post more pics of them later..some above in this thread

A deal is a deal. 

Tip mentioned earlier 97.  I was getting off a plane from the Caribbean as the first drops fell.  The talk down there was of a pending blizzard.  The first forecast I saw was from Barry Burbank talking about 20+.   In a few hours I leave for the Caribbean, after a 97 esque dumpage.  I'll be back in 10 days, please have a storm ready.

We've got guests staying at the house and that's our cue to head to a warmer climate.

Yesterday it looked like it could be a great snowstorm, but never did I think we'd tickle the upper echelons of snowfall here locally.  This worked out pefectly and dumped at night and morning with 1/4SM snow. That's exactly the way to get big snow and really the only way you can at lower elevations without big cold. Just worked out perfectly. The airmass wasn't even that cold..just a perfect set of circumstances here.

Well guys...it's been a long and ultimately great week.

Euro locked in once it was 3 days out and was rock solid. Big kudos to CMC...very good.

NAM was like a little kid trying to draw a picture for dad. Had the 850 go to Minneapolis and dad says, son, try again. Eventually he still has the 850 the only warm layer and dad throws up his hands and say fine. NAM did pick up some of the nuances of meso effects decently.

GFS is a POS....2 major bombs and blew them both. Worthless when the chips are down. But it sniffed it out d5 so maybe a good signaller.

RAP was excellent......even in the far range. Kudos.

Yea but when they get shafted there at least they get much more snow than here, here when we get screwed it could be years until we see another storm like it.

Yeah it could be years.  However, it wasn't long ago you all had the winter of a lifetime, so it's probably hard to put it all in perspective.

your in luck then!   The next 4-5 days will see most of it vanish...warmth, March sun and a rainstorm will do the trick...if it were a month ago, it would stick around alot longer

Remember when you couldn't get more than 14" of snow? You've had like 4-5 14+ storms since then lol.

It's crazy. If you go through Kocin's book you can find a ton of storms that HVN had 18-20"+ and none for Tolland area besides 1888 and 1978. Kevin's making up for it this year though!

Archived