joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2011 had just an epic snow pack and constant cold from the 2nd week of January until the 3 day torch in mid Feb that year...so it was a deeper winter feel.

But this year has had two epic storms whereas 2011 really only had 1, and it fell short of both of these storms for our area. Its too bad we are going to torch for a few days here before it cools off again because we would have had a great shot of building an epic March snow pack for the first time since 2001...though 2005 was pretty good too.

Yeah, I mean 10-11 was just awesome. Like 6 storms over a foot. This winter had 2, but then again it also had 2 20+. 10-11 had one (1/12) and I measured less than 20" at my house.

And some of my judgement could be the fact that I missed this storm lol. Thankfully I didn't miss the blizzard too, which I still would have chose going home for that one over this. I'm at 89.9" now in Shrewsbury, compared to 88.7" during 10-11, so we have beaten that winter, and still some time to get more maybe. 

What's your total right now? 100" even I guess? Either way looks like we both barely surpassed that winter today.

At 3 pm, Worcester reported 22.8" snow. That brings the February-March figure to 67.4" (2nd highest for that timeframe) and seasonal total to 101.0" (4th highest all-time). With 23.0" snow for March, March 2013 is the snowiest March in Worcester since 2005 when 24.6" fell.

do you have 30 day records? 

At 3 pm, Worcester reported 22.8" snow. That brings the February-March figure to 67.4" (2nd highest for that timeframe) and seasonal total to 101.0" (4th highest all-time). With 23.0" snow for March, March 2013 is the snowiest March in Worcester since 2005 when 24.6" fell.

i had 25'' back from 2/9 here in Weymouth, 6'' a week later, than 24'' today. 55''_in 29 days 62'' for season

Thanks Don!

Do you know by any chance how close they are to 3rd?

Archived