joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That s/w will attempt to enhance precip rates again after a brief lull.  You can see the increase off PTown and long range off Portland.  remember though the axis should begin to shift down as the fujiwhara is underway.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=box&loop=yes

there are still 75 knot winds at 925 out east of you, amazing.

lol @ the winter storm warning expiring

yeah that deserves a :facepalm: , no reason why it shouldn't have been extended

it's starting to melt down here fairly quickly, just measured 7" OTG despite 1" new in the past 3 hours, it was 8" OTG at 10 AM. taking the 8" from overnight, add the inch from the daytime today, and add another inch for compaction, settling, and the .3" that we had yesterday morning, storm total is 10" even here, and unless we get into more than SN, is the final.

-skisheep

think there will be more firing up later.. gotta get to work now..  I will rely on grinch from shelton for my final hours of accumulation. let me know how much we get from 12:30 on up here.. leaving with 12.5 depth. 13.75 storm total.. thanks.. 

No problem, still getting accumulating snow now...radar has some potential for our area for sure

the busts with this storm overall are nothing short of comical...

A comical comment from the Boston.com:

The mayor was making another of his ill-informed statements about the Patriots, suggesting that they re-acquire their former center from Denver.

He said, "The fools should sign Dan Koppen" but his aides thought he said "The schools should stay open."

3" during the day yesterday, 6" overnight storm total 9" Boscawen NH

prob would have been more if I got up and measured earlier, as it is  very quickly compacting here. no complaints from me, i was expecting 5-6" but have to say i am very jealous of you guys in SNE

I am still fascinated by that screw zone/grass hole over central RI all day yesterday, overnight, and today.  Do we have any idea what caused that?  Someone is going to study that, understand the science behind it, and get the honors of naming it after himself.  Like a NorLun, etc.  But then, I'm not sue anyone would want his name attached to such a thing.

Archived