joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be some weird elevation cutoff going on. I'm only seeing maybe 4 or 5" here at UHart, but the latest PNS data says West Hartford has 14". When I'm done eating lunch I'm gonna take a drive a bit further West towards Avon to see if the elevation is really throwing it off that much.

The West Hartford total is being corrected.

Just measured 16" on the button here in Ayer - but it is snowing really hard still...  We are on the northern edge of the "snow tube" coming off the ocean, but it is moving south so slowly that we're probably still good for a 2 hours worth of S and S+...  I figure 18 ... maybe 20" will be my total. 

This snow has a higher moisture content than the blizzard, and there for is high impact.   

Fantastic positive bust!

Just got back from wawa. It was epic. They have a good 20" there with 3' in the woods. I was able to ski the woods off balance rock for the first time in years. Took some great pics. 

usQvXoL.jpg

took the skis off and hiked up to the cabin to take a break. 

NBFDphX.jpg

untracked from the cabin. As soon as I left and was putting on my skis a guy ripped through it. 

xujjlNk.jpg

in the woods. 

SEwD4wD.jpg

buried my ski pole in about 4' of snow while in the woods.

Pic of my picnic table. The left is what I cleared off prior to the storm the right is untouched all season. 

Just got back from wawa. It was epic. They have a good 20" there with 3' in the woods. I was able to ski the woods off balance rock for the first time in years. Took some great pics. 

took the skis off and hiked up to the cabin to take a break. 

NBFDphX.jpg

untracked from the cabin. As soon as I left and was putting on my skis a guy ripped through it. 

in the woods. 

SEwD4wD.jpg

buried my ski pole in about 4' of snow while in the woods.

vo71C6F.jpg

Pic of my picnic table. The left is what I cleared off prior to the storm the right is untouched all season. 

8BmHvjP.jpg

that is awesome!  Man good call on your parting getting out there, going to work was a bad idea today.

Just measured 16" on the button here in Ayer - but it is snowing really hard still...  We are on the northern edge of the "snow tube" coming off the ocean, but it is moving south so slowly that we're probably still good for a 2 hours worth of S and S+...  I figure 18 ... maybe 20" will be my total. 

This snow has a higher moisture content than the blizzard, and there for is higher impact.   

Fantastic positive bust!

This snow has a higher moisture content than the blizzard, and there for is high impact.   

Fantastic positive bust!

Take off your plaid scarf, lean your head down towards the ground so the angle of the sun tickles your nape..and tan...tan away

Archived