Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/

I've been using this one. Click "Radar Site Map" upper right to change radar location if you want to buzz around the region.

OK, that one is by far the best. You can even play up to the last 16 hours of frames (200 in all)--outstanding.

If you play the BOX radar, just look at the evolution of the snow hole just west of PVD--it's amazing how persistent it is. It even disappeared for a while this morning and then re-formed. Would be a great topic for someone to study, methinks.

Flew out yesterday morning, watching this unfold is unbelievable can't believe I'm missing it. congrats to the guys who saw this coming while everyone said nope, especially Rollo, saw this coming from a mile away. Enjoy it everyone, stay safe.

With Worcester reporting 16.3" snow at 7 am., the combined February-March figure has surpassed 60". That's only the 4th time that has happened in Worcester. All three prior cases saw some accumulation of snow in April, as well.

February-March Snowfall of 60" or More:

1. 70.1", 1967 (April: 7.3")

2. 63.8", 1993 (April: 2.8")

3. 60.9", 1916 (April: 5.6")

4. 60.7", 2013

With Worcester reporting 16.3" snow at 7 am., the combined February-March figure has surpassed 60". That's only the 4th time that has happened in Worcester. All three prior cases saw some accumulation of snow in April, as well.

4. 60.7", 2013

Don, with what has fallen so far with this storm, roughly what are the seasonal totals this winter for ORH and Boston? Thanks Don!

This is now getting historic. Radar doesn't want to end. We are dumping here too. Accumulating snow on the beach unreal!

I'm wondering if models are shutting off that firehose a bit too quickly. It looks like at least another 4 hours...but perhaps much longer.

4. 60.7", 2013

Don, although not officially into the NCDC database (even though I tried with assistance from NWS)...Feb-Mar 2001 would also go on this list with 28.9" in February 2001 and 36.4" in Mar 2001.

Archived