joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats not twenty Kev, go stick a yardstick in your yard, take a pic, new and total depth for the record book before it compacts dude.

Yeah unless they all of the sudden got like 3-4" per hours since 8am even though the echoes weren't getting stronger....not buying 20"

This is an overperformer.....but it didn't need to be. The models were very accurate on Cold & QPF as we got closer to the event. This feels like more of an overperformer because the Media didn't hype the storm. Right?

Well some places in ENY are approaching double digit snow totals and well over 1" liquid.  Only the NAM/SREFs had that back this way, the same models that were too wet and too far NW with the initial batch.  I think there were aspects of several different models that were right, and several that were wrong.  We would have had to pick and choose different aspects of different models to nail this one.

Same here. Easy hall of famer for the overachievers division.

This is the newer version of 12/23/97...except longer duration and not quite as obscene rates...also covering a larger area.

Sometimes it just cannot be said enough....respect the firehose.

I thought my 10-14" here was a bit nervewracking bullish at times when model data didn't quite cooperate....turns out I will bust pretty bad on the low side.

This is almost entirely trowall/mid level deformation snow.  Snow from the initial thermal overrunning was relatively confined yesterday.  Thank god for the Atlantic Ocean.  I know these sorts of rates can occur in setups like this, but it's somewhat rare and not typically this long lasting.

6.6" storm total in West Hartford with liquid equivalent of 0.65". Not super wet!

We really got screwed compared to other areas.

Yea I'd like to know what we got here finally kinda meh but better then nothing, you out there Collinsville?

Archived