Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

32.9/31 - Light to Moderate Snow.  1 1/4 OTG

No noticeable change in wind direction... still ENE

Still no mixing of rain or sleet.

Temps seem to have leveled off... it's 32.8 when the snow increases and 32.9 when it backs off.

Pines are bending...  

Hey Kevin, how are your winds down in Tolland?  I had a gust a little while ago close to 30mph.  So far the winds have been the nice part for me early on.  I think you might be just far enough south to have been getting some better snows.  Small flake size here attm.

Some gusts into the 30's..TBH I don't want the wind..Just blows everything all over the place and un uniform snow depths.

There's 1.6 OTG..Pure fluff

Some gusts into the 30's..TBH I don't want the wind..Just blows everything all over the place and un uniform snow depths.

There's 1.6 OTG..Pure fluff

About half that here.  Are you going to sweep you board at 3PM (every six hours)?  Just curious so I can compare.  I think the higher totals are going to come from folks that do that.

About half that here.  Are you going to sweep you board at 3PM (every six hours)?  Just curious so I can compare.  I think the higher totals are going to come from folks that do that.

I don't have a snowboard..I know that's the recommended way to do it, but I've always thought it was suspect because it's not a true representation of what's OTG..but that's just me

I just can't see me flipping over to anything more than a mix, it's really snowing moderately and roads are beginning to get completely covered, been holding steady at 33. Wouldn't the heavy precip. bring down colder air?

you're fine.  i would not expect a change over right now at all given the surrounding obs coming in. 

While it has been a bit frustrating the last few hours teetering back and forth from light to moderate snow waiting for this storm to really crank...its a refreshing break from the huge KU storms where you sit under 8-10 hours of virga before the wall hits. At least we have some light mood snow out there setting the stage for bigger things this evening. Each type of storm has its charms...but I don't think I mentally could've handled a virga storm today.

Archived