• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

The public behaves this way for every storm including 78. This guy at work said "not much of a storm so far.." I told him he'd rethink that by dark. I hope people don't get caught out and unable to travel. The MBTA did the right thing. Snow increasing here near the north end nearly at waters edge...and starting to whiten the sidewalks. The only non concrete is covered but too far away to judge how much.

BOS 33/30 with 3/4 vis -sn.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to judge snow depth from my office window, but someone just walked across the lawn and made some better visual clues.  Looks like 5-6" here in AUG, or close to 1"/hr since the moderate (vis 3/8) band arrived between 8-9 this morning.  Nice dendrites, cold temps, moderate winds means ratio probably in the 20-25 range.

The 2" report from the 'Loaf about 11:20 tells me that MBY may still be working on 1st inch, as places north of my area had 10-20 dbz most of the 3+ hr of no echoes over the Route 2 snowshield region.  Lots of time to play catch-up, though, and GYX late morn revision upped the S.Franklin forecast to 12-18" from the earlier 10-14".

Got full on heavy snow here, rare for me to go all out SN+ but think we have it here, it's ripping and the winds are starting to pick up. Last measurement was 2.4" a few minutes ago, already my footprints are filling in. 2 pics are a close up full iPhone zoom of the flakes, and the other is most the full back yard(trees off to the right of the house excluded, not much snow there because giant copper beech keeps it from accumulating.) with guest house off to the right(not much snow on that roof, it's slate and the snow slides off quickly.) It's getting fun around here! Pics should be in another post, it's not letting me post them for some reason.

-skisheep

dang, that coastal front is sitting right on top of me...and no enhancement what so ever...i seem to be getting the lightest snow out of those of you reporting totals an intensities...temp hovering 32.0-32.2...still not sticking to pavement...

Doesn't sound very different from what I see here except for the temp.

I thought it was really changing there for about 5 minutes, though.

Got full on heavy snow here, rare for me to go all out SN+ but think we have it here, it's ripping and the winds are starting to pick up. Last measurement was 2.4" a few minutes ago, already my footprints are filling in. 2 pics are a close up full iPhone zoom of the flakes, and the other is most the full back yard(trees off to the right of the house excluded, not much snow there because giant copper beech keeps it from accumulating.) with guest house off to the right(not much snow on that roof, it's slate and the snow slides off quickly.) It's getting fun around here! Pics should be in another post, it's not letting me post them for some reason.

-skisheep

Are you in Stamford?  

Archived