Newest Member
    Toothache
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the wires okay??   :pimp:

Everything is down on the road, pole snapped in half.  They're having a hard time getting the car up on a ramp truck.  I'm amazed we still have power.  At some time they'll have to kill the power.  The street is not terribly busy, but it is a through street between Mendon and Hopedale.  They can't just leave the wires and pole blocking  the street.

Everything is down on the road, pole snapped in half.  They're having a hard time getting the car up on a ramp truck.  I'm amazed we still have power.  At some time they'll have to kill the power.  The street is not terribly busy, but it is a through street between Mendon and Hopedale.  They can't just leave the wires and pole blocking  the street.

Yeah,   that sounds messy,   especially with the storm quickly unfolding.  

Once the mod snow hit it made all the difference here. We dropped from 32.5 to around 31 and it's just pasting onto everything now, roads covered.  Shaded areas are up around probably 1.5" and exposed areas around 1 ". Nice mod snow, everything plastered out there.

2.5'' of snow...starting to come down heavier and ratios probably increasing some as well.  

Is it sticking to everything like near the CT coast?  I noticed it's around 31F in HFD.   Bad combo with the wind ramping up.   Looks wet on webcams anyway.

Archived