12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes sir. HRRR and RPM both show 1"/hr starting at 21z. Take a look at HRRR at 2z. 5-6"/hr with crazy VV's with CF enhancement for SE MASS. probably overdone but still

:snowing:

METAR KTAN 082052Z AUTO 06010G20KT 1/2SM SN FG OVC008 01/M01 A2989 RMK AO2 PRESFR SLP120 P0005 60014 T00111006 58066

0.23" at TAN.  Using your 11:1 ratio, I am at ~2.5".

Lots of exceptions. Medical personnel, safety, media, food delivery, etc. Financial folks... not science teachers...lol

yeah the employees at CVS were pissed because they said the Fire Marshal called and told them they were exempt - haha.  These are like 22-year boneheads mind you.   They were probably making their plans for the night and all - wah wah waaah.

2 inches so far...tiny tiny flakes...cosidering it has been so light in intensity i am surprised how much there is...just very light snow/flurries past twenty minutes or so after a couple hours of steadier light snow

Feeling better after that brief meltdown this morning? lol

post-904-0-48707100-1360358322_thumb.jpg

That red circle above contains a negative node in the rad scan, and it's probably legit flurries there; moreover, it's been wobbling nearly stationary across the last 47 minutes of loop. 

That is what happened in Acton Mass in the Jan Blizzard Of 2005.  

This storm ...yeah, I'm all psyched for it and all.   Well see how it plays out.  But it isn't going to be a top tier in my book until there are no butt-bang holes on rad.  

It may be just that it is early in the game and things have not yet consolidated associated with more organized synoptics of the system ...or course, but for now, this thing has to work to do. 

The start of the "real" storm is no pushing into SE Mass and RI. Saw the 30 dbz push into the WST area on radar so good to know its heavy snow.

So far not one sleet pellet...  It is heavy snow - between 1/4 and 1/8 mile visibility (without taking the blowing snow into consideration) and the sustained winds have increased.  

Archived