• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

The start of the "real" storm is now pushing into SE Mass and RI. Saw the 30 dbz push into the WST area on radar so good to know its heavy snow. At there doesnt appear to be dry slot issues with this..have barely heard the word mentioned.

Yeah, you can see on rad that deeper level greens are at last more uniform in an arcing shield that has surged NNW in last 30 minutes, some...20 miles or so, across the south coast.  So far this afternoon it's been waves of these that then attenuated before getting to PVD ... with pulse action occasionally flaring weak level 1 green returns in bands farther N.  Probably could actually do really well with that stuff alone given to the insane rations up this way - - wow, 19F here in Ayer!   But the "choking snow" appeal to this has not yet taken place. 

Lets see if this current wave holds -

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on and off snow all morning totalled up to about an inch.  then at 3 or so, the visibility dropped and the flakes were very small.  You didn't realize it was snowing hard until you went outside and saw the dropping visibility.  About one half hour later the snow growth improved a bit and the storm locked in.  I love that feeling when it just locks down and you know it isn't going to stop for a while.  2 inches at 4pm and now I am going out for nice walk in the woods.  We are not under any of the best radar returns but it looks real nice out there.  17 degrees moderate snow slowly increasing.

Hope everyone is having a blast, especially those weenies who drove up to New England!

Still pretty meh here

You and I are in the same boat until....maybe 6:30 or so...  

We are pulsing in weak level 1 green, than back to blue bands alternating - it's the difference between gossamer snow mist mixed with tiny aggregates and something kinda like moderate ... then back again.  Not efficient accumulator - 

But, there is some evidence on rad that a better push of UVM is moving up from the south.  We really won't need much to stack up fast with this cold we got entrenched up here, when that happens.   

You and I are in the same boat until....maybe 6:30 or so...

We are pulsing in weak level 1 green, than back to blue bands alternating - it's the difference between gossamer snow mist mixed with tiny aggregates and something kinda like moderate ... then back again. Not efficient accumulator -

But, there are is some evidence on rad that a better push of UVM is moving up from the south. We really won't need much to stack up fast with this cold we go entrenched up here.

I really did not expect much before 7 or so.

Def cold though. 18F

Archived