Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-SN starting to ramp up here on a band 23 dbz

That band up there has been very persistent. A little more sporadic here, with steady light snow and occasional mini-bursts of moderate stuff. Not a whole lot of additional accumulation since mid-morning; probably somewhere around 6" so far. Visibility seems to be dropping a bit now...

The Weather Channel@weatherchannel

WOW! RT @twcbreaking: 19-car pileup on I-295 outside Portland, ME. Photo via @iWitnessWeather user David Dixon. #nemo pic.twitter.com/dBs6LQeE

hopefully they can clean it up before it gets crazy..

Just saw on a local Twitter feed that it had been cleared after a 4-hour shutdown. People up here did not expect so much so early.

Snow is borderline moderate here in Boston looking at Boston Common from Downtown Crossing....taking the 2:45pm train back to ORH (last train out before MBTA shuts it down for the storm). Looks like the Common has a half inch or so on it already.

Just saw on a local Twitter feed that it had been cleared after a 4-hour shutdown. People up here did not expect so much so early.

Problem is we had 2-4" of snow in the Portland area for the day time period, and when the crash occurred it was probably around 2 or 3". People just don't practice caution when driving in these conditions.

That band up there has been very persistent. A little more sporadic here, with steady light snow and occasional mini-bursts of moderate stuff. Not a whole lot of additional accumulation since mid-morning; probably somewhere around 6" so far. Visibility seems to be dropping a bit now...

You were in that moreso then here, I am at 2.0" so far, But intensity has kicked up a notch, I am looking forward to the main show to see where the CF ends up, I usually can rock here if its just to my SE

Archived