• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Good riddance 2012. Rockin 2013? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

You just love lauding it over the rest of us poor snow-less suckers. That picture explains why you are always the most optimistic poster east of the mountains. YOu don't get screwed by the ocean as easily.

he will get screwed on a noreaster that wont spread the precip far west enough for him. His day is coming

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feb 10, 2010

March whatever 2009

I-81 was overdue to get lucky.

LOL, yeah, let's talk Feb 2010.  I can still remember the 20 posts per minute, the radar shots, the OMG's over the snowfall rates, the radar colors, all the while we sat back here with 0.25 inches per hour rates.  Or we can talk about March 1, 2009 when we didn't even get flurries.

LOL, yeah, let's talk Feb 2010.  I can still remember the 20 posts per minute, the radar shots, the OMG's over the snowfall rates, the radar colors, all the while we sat back here with 0.25 inches per hour rates.  Or we can talk about March 1, 2009 when we didn't even get flurries.

Feb 10 was the most bitter I've ever been at a (non) weather-event in my lifetime.  On the cuspice (sp?) of a historic snow-pack event and season total, and we had the rug pulled out from under us instead.  I'll never forget watching the storm updates in DC/Balt in the midst of an outright blizzard while mby was bathed in abundant sunshine.  The snow had stopped for me by 10AM and by noon it was partly to mostly sunny.  Instead of adding another 7 - 14" on top of our snow-pack, the sunshine and ridiculous winds punished it.  Between in-the-sun melting, wind-driven sublimation, and the wind blowing the snow onto hard-surfaces to be melted by the sun, we actually finished that day with less snow-cover than we had at the beginning.  My blood pressure is rising just talking about. 

Really tired of seeing mosquitos. Every night they fly inside the house when I open the door. This isn't June.

I was about to say the same thing, when I saw your post.  Mozzies and moths as well.  I'm only hoping they all come out in time for a sudden deep freeze, or we'll be dealing with clouds of the damn things by summer.

I was about to say the same thing, when I saw your post. Mozzies and moths as well. I'm only hoping they all come out in time for a sudden deep freeze, or we'll be dealing with clouds of the damn things by summer.

Everybody said the same thing last winter, but I didn't notice it to be a particularly bad bug season last summer.

Everybody said the same thing last winter, but I didn't notice it to be a particularly bad bug season last summer.

Didn't notice a huge increase last summer either. Out of the area.....the southern OBX area had it very bad this past summer with regards to mosquitos. A combination of the hurricane damage eating away at their budget for spraying and the lack of a good freeze resulted in a big mosquito problem. Our summer vacation was in late July in Avon, NC and the mosquitos were unbearable....even at times on the beach.

Feb 10 was the most bitter I've ever been at a (non) weather-event in my lifetime.  On the cuspice (sp?) of a historic snow-pack event and season total, and we had the rug pulled out from under us instead.  I'll never forget watching the storm updates in DC/Balt in the midst of an outright blizzard while mby was bathed in abundant sunshine.  The snow had stopped for me by 10AM and by noon it was partly to mostly sunny.  Instead of adding another 7 - 14" on top of our snow-pack, the sunshine and ridiculous winds punished it.  Between in-the-sun melting, wind-driven sublimation, and the wind blowing the snow onto hard-surfaces to be melted by the sun, we actually finished that day with less snow-cover than we had at the beginning.  My blood pressure is rising just talking about. 

No need getting all upset now, same thing happened here, went from a 13.5 to a 15.5 snow depth even though 4-4.5 inches of snow fell, while north and east was getting pounded. Still was a great year. Plus lots of us west have had snow on ground for one or two weeks this year while they are still waiting. 

Indeed! Last two days have been great for afternoon walks. Hope her appointment went well :)

Thanks! We're dealing with jaundice, and since she's a little gal, we're hyper vigilant about her feelings and such. But the doc said she should be fine as long as she's staying fed. I never imagined that being a first-time parent would be so stressful!

We've been talking about taking her and the dog on their first combined walk over the weekend. Should be just fine to bundle her up and get her out with temps in the 60s...

Jaundice is nothing Mattie. 2 of our 4 had some issues early on. They typically snap out of it quick and keep getting stronger. 

The first go around is stressful as hell. Everything little thing is super important. Once you get to #4 you don't even bother covering electrical outlets. 

Thanks! We're dealing with jaundice, and since she's a little gal, we're hyper vigilant about her feelings and such. But the doc said she should be fine as long as she's staying fed. I never imagined that being a first-time parent would be so stressful!

We've been talking about taking her and the dog on their first combined walk over the weekend. Should be just fine to bundle her up and get her out with temps in the 60s...

both of my children had jaundice and the doc told us to place them in the direct sunlight, one so bad they told us she had a congenital liver defect....those azzholoes were wrong, of course; anyway, we did and it worked both times

I guess the vitamin D production does the trick

My son had jaundice as well...my wife and I never really noticed until we started looking at the pictures and we were like...WOW...he's yellow...lol. I still giggle to this day when I think back and the doctor looking us straight in the eye and saying...just put him by the window everyday. It worked but is still sorta humorous.

Congrats on the baby

Yeah...they had her under blue lights for almost 36 hours at the hospital (we had to stay an extra night), and she just wasn't feeding well, so thebilirubin (bad stuff) wasnt getting flushed out of her system. As a small near-term baby, she's more at risk for going into the danger levels, but we're on the path to getting her all better. Best treatment? Lots of feedings. We can do that! :D

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

Archived