joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Good riddance 2012. Rockin 2013? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats worse than living in DC and being a snow fan?

Living in DC and being a Redskins Fan

they always found a way to shoot themselves in the foot either by penalties or dumb plays at the worse time after the Gibbs era (1st one)

so predictably frustrating

I used to like them but it just became too much effort

but I don't even watch football any more so I guess my opinion is meaningless

but I would say what I said before, weatherwise, we haven't been able to say good riddance to 2012....and it looks like now that applies to the Redskins too

Wife had the baby early yesterday morning. No snowbaby, but we're thrilled. :D

Does anyone know a competent HR person working for the federal government? The head of HR at my wife's organization (a DoD org) is claiming she only gets six weeks for FMLA because she may need to use the additional time of the 12 FMLA weeks later in the year to take the baby to the doctor, etc. They obviously don't know the law, but how can you win that battle against an HR department?

Does anyone know a competent HR person working for the federal government? The head of HR at my wife's organization (a DoD org) is claiming she only gets six weeks for FMLA because she may need to use the additional time of the 12 FMLA weeks later in the year to take the baby to the doctor, etc. They obviously don't know the law, but how can you win that battle against an HR department?

Congrat! Now you can join Mapgirl in being happily sleep deprived.

Everyone bustin' high on the temps right now... 10°F radiational cooling inversion settling in.

looks like one of those nights where everyone drops to near lows early. south wind at dca now.. should spread across the area. if they don't drop more than a few more degrees lows should generally verify.

Congrats! Not a snow baby but a torchaby. :P

And I think your initial question is impossible to answer. There is no such thing as a competent person working in HR.

Good luck with it all. At least you should be able to sleep. No storms to track. Might need a warm temps contest for this heat wave.

Congratulations to you and your wife!! I hope everything went well. Enjoy your time in the hospital while you are there, things get real when you get home :)

As for the HR question - I am taking 6 weeks of short term leave (at a reduced pay), and will take an additional week without pay. By law you are allowed 12 weeks total. I could take more without pay if I want to, but right now I'm only taking 7 total before heading back to work. Sounds like your wife's HR department doesn't know what they are talking about.

Good luck and if you have any questions/need advice, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Congrats to you and the family!

Archived