joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Good riddance 2012. Rockin 2013? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brutal. I understand that an average winter only has 18 inches of snow give or take. So going in, if you don't want to be disappointed, only expect 6-8 inches and be happy if it overperforms.

But it seems even expecting that is expecting too much.

After last winter's virtual shutout; a shutout this winter will be a hard pill to swallow (if it happens)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Scuddz" data-cid="1977253" data-time="1357143590"><p>

We just got 3 events that each pretty much matched the entirety of last season. Everyone needs to chill.</p></blockquote>

DC is at 10% of last season and has had 3.5" in the last 23 months.

I've gone off the deep end and decided to try making my own snow. Not the high end stuff, just a very basic <$50 setup. Will post pics once the parts come in. Doesn't match the real stuff but if its going to be semi-cold I'm going to have snow.

We just got 3 events that each pretty much matched the entirety of last season.  Everyone needs to chill.

I haven't used a snow shovel in 700 days. Matching last season is like your favorite ncca team winning the first NIT game against lower central skabobia this year after losing to upper east skabobia in the first round last year. Neither is satisfying and nobody cares anyway. 

DC is at 10% of last season and has had 3.5" in the last 23 months.

DC has also only had 12.5" over the last 34.5 months.  Considering we'll probably make it to mid-January before it snows again, this will likely be 35 months or more.  We were only "saved" by a 5" event on January 26, 2011.  All of our other "events" were between 0.1-0.6" on any one day.  There has been almost no significant snow/snowcover to speak of.

post-235-0-24534300-1357147349_thumb.jpg

Archived