Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Good riddance 2012. Rockin 2013? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

How's tomorrows storm looking?

If you go back with the exception of the euro monster run, the storm has basically looked the same for days. Dual low structure, strung out without a ton of lift, temp issues until you get to the areas that have already been hit twice.

Unless something changes, us 495ers will be doing naked jumping jacks in the streets if we get more than 2".

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have made some comments over the last several days about the lack of cold (to me at least)

So I did some research on Annapolis IMBY in Nov. never hit 32 and in Dec. 14 we did for 3 hours and on Dec. 23 we hit it for 1 hour this is from weather underground KNAK.

is it just me or am I over reacting?

It's been interesting to watch the bearish attitude in the MA subforum. Mason-Dixon folks usually are somewhat optimistic, but once you get south of I-70 it's like a complete attitude change.

I-70 has almost been the dividing line in these last two events and this one doesn't seem to be much different.

On a complete off-topic and banter post, during the snow on Wednesday I heard our cat fighting in the backyard. We have other cats in the hood that come around now and again, so Molly in a fight wasn't anything new. I went out to scare off whatever was out there and Molly came sprinting in with her tail the size of a small Leyland bush. I couldn't find any other cat guests but instead found some tracks in the snow leading away from our yard. I've seen foxes in our neighborhood at night before, and I was pretty sure this too was a fox but questioned it because it was the middle of the day. But then this morning, we woke up to find this little furry guy sleeping in the yard. I had to take the picture through the slider so it's not great, but pretty cool nonetheless. Well, not so much for Molly.

It's been interesting to watch the bearish attitude in the MA subforum. Mason-Dixon folks usually are somewhat optimistic, but once you get south of I-70 it's like a complete attitude change.

I'm loling at weenies and hoping someone gets rainstormed soon

Good day all, haven't been on in awhile, out of town in New Orleans over Christmas. Spectacular lightning show Christmas night after that front went through. It was visible well off in the distance, almost non-stop. I sat there for over an hour just watching, taking some video and long (5 sec.) exposures. Some of them came out pretty good I think. I can maybe post a couple once I download them off the camera.

Might be time for the forum to go down. We are over-thinking this one at this point.

there's no way to hold people to it and it's probably hard to find two or more forecasters on the exact same level... but i'd like to test forecasts by someone who checks only the 0z/12z big boys versus someone who looks at every single run of every model to see who does better.

there's no way to hold people to it and it's probably hard to find two or more forecasters on the exact same level... but i'd like to test forecasts by someone who checks only the 0z/12z big boys versus someone who looks at every single run of every model to see who does better.

So what did I miss today from golfing instead of looking at the modelsafter seeing the 12 NAM? A quick glance at the GFS and the soundings did not inspire me to get excited about the event.

So what did I miss today from golfing instead of looking at the modelsafter seeing the 12 NAM? A quick glance at the GFS and the soundings did not inspire me to get excited about the event.

I think the Euro was decent and everything else kinda meh. I've only looked at the 18z NAM.

Archived