Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Good riddance 2012. Rockin 2013? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was the first to see the jan 27,2011 storm but i named the the psuhoffman storm because he actually liked the threat and he hates most threats. Theres that.

That's what I thought, just because you see it first doesn't mean its your storm. PSU liked it, I remember that. We'd be able to call every big storm a wes storm since he only likes the big boys.

Snowmagedon was the worst storm name ever IMHO.

That was the only one I was ok with lol.

I like names like "President's Day II" and such - OR Blizzard of 2010.

Snoverkill was horrible as a name. Same with commuteageddon or whatever. People are so corny...

The issue with those names is you then have different storms in different areas being named the same thing. Confusing.

Only benefit to names I see is the ability for the greater public to identify them in conversations. Yesterday at work, my coworker brought up "ya know, that storm where we changed from rain to snow and people got stranded for a while" -- myself and another coworker interrupted him and said "commutageddon." Just easier in that respect I suppose, rather than describing it. I actually liked snowmaggedon though.

I can't name a date and the relevant weather on that date like some here - ex. 'remember on 1/5/1982 when DC got that quick burst of snow followed by rain....?'

Archived