Newest Member
    EWR757
Good riddance 2012. Rockin 2013? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do indeed.

I also admit to missing a good old fashioned area-wide winter storm where we all cash in. Been too long. Gonna get bad around these parts if the next 10 days are mostly a miss and we start to "thaw" (heh, given that it hasn't really "froze")...

I'll be a little bummed if we thaw before it really even gets significantly below normal for more than a day or two, but if we get ~2" of snow this weekend, most of the burbs will be at climo December snowfall (or more!). Kind of hard to complain about that in a +5F month.

My temp averaged above normal yesterday as odd as that seems. While you were snowing I crept up close to 50. The only thing rocking is the trees from all the wind.

ive been lucky so far...classic north and west winter i guess..im bound to get fringed soon im sure

I agree that naming storms is stupid. It's all for ratings and hype. Hurricanes are one thing but winter are stupid unless its 1993/1996/2003/2009/2010. Those winter storms are rare anyways for us. For the 2-4th event, I think it's way off and to much model inconsistency.

No offense to psu.. If he is on board that's a good thing. But at this pt since everything is tracked from D16 it's hard to say who saw it first etc. a number of us were interested in this period as well. Plus naming a storm in fantasy range is bad luck.

I would feel better if we had -NAO/-AO/+PNA/-EPO & MJO 1,2 or 8. Better chance end of January and all of February .

Heh, best not to wait for a straight flush because it could be years before it happens. 2 pairs or maybe 3 of a kind is a damn good hand in the ma. Too bad sne only needs an ace or pair of 2's most of the time.

Heh, best not to wait for a straight flush because it could be years before it happens. 2 pairs or maybe 3 of a kind is a damn good hand in the ma. Too bad sne only needs an ace or pair of 2's most of the time.

You beat me to it. :)

Should have thrown in a full moon, low solar cycle, and the weekend rule for good measure.

No offense to psu.. If he is on board that's a good thing. But at this pt since everything is tracked from D16 it's hard to say who saw it first etc. a number of us were interested in this period as well. Plus naming a storm in fantasy range is bad luck.

I agree about the bad luck. I guess also some people feel uncomfortable with their "name in lights" so to speak. I should have asked Bob before creating a thread with his name attached, but I wasn't the one who gave that storm it's designation in the first place. It worked out great, but I won't do it again.

The only knock I'd have about our sub forum is that we tend to take things a bit too seriously sometimes. It's supposed to be fun.

If it were to be named, however, I would give it to Matt.

Archived