joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Good riddance 2012. Rockin 2013? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feels weird out today. Kind of feels like early spring but doesn't. Temp here is 42 and with the cloud cover I don't see that we will make it to the 60 mark.

ETA: it is raining now.

Interesting day observation wise, I'm 58, Pax River is 60, Staunton and CHO are in the upper 50s but IAD and points where the cloud cover was thicker and there was rain are in the 40s. It's a no win deal for a forecaster and shows how important it is to get the precip call right which is the toughest thing for the models to forecast.

Interesting day observation wise, I'm 58, Pax River is 60, Staunton and CHO are in the upper 50s but IAD and points where the cloud cover was thicker and there was rain are in the 40s. It's a no win deal for a forecaster and shows how important it is to get the precip call right which is the toughest thing for the models to forecast.

clouds bust more forecasts than anything else around here it seems.

Im at a conference in Scottsdale Arizona....its hot in the dessert. Im at Taliesin West the Frank Lloyd Wright place...fascinating place...41 at home about 70 here

and I honestly thought you hadn't been posting because of the weather

must be pretty strange to go that far, get off the jet, and it feel like you never left home   :(

While Staunton and Roanoke torched in low 60's I hung back in mid 40's most of day, actually temps been climbing last hour or two and at high for the day now at 50. Not sure what is going on up at airport, must be fogged in...obs do that sometimes when it is very foggy up there. Had about 1 1/2 hour of light rain/sprinkles in afternoon here.

Archived