joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Good riddance 2012. Rockin 2013? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah...they had her under blue lights for almost 36 hours at the hospital (we had to stay an extra night), and she just wasn't feeding well, so thebilirubin (bad stuff) wasnt getting flushed out of her system. As a small near-term baby, she's more at risk for going into the danger levels, but we're on the path to getting her all better. Best treatment? Lots of feedings. We can do that! :D

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

so she's a smurf?   :o

Yeah...they had her under blue lights for almost 36 hours at the hospital (we had to stay an extra night), and she just wasn't feeding well, so thebilirubin (bad stuff) wasnt getting flushed out of her system. As a small near-term baby, she's more at risk for going into the danger levels, but we're on the path to getting her all better. Best treatment? Lots of feedings. We can do that! :D

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

Congrats on the little one. Our issues were reversed....my now 8 month old daughter was fine at birth, but my wife spent 3 days in ICU after she was born. It was incredibly stressful. Spent 6 nights in the hospital for the birth. I was sick and tired of being at AAMC by the time we left. And don't blink, they grow up fast. My daughter just recently went from barely being able to crawl to now crawling crazy fast (and chasing the cat around the house), being able to sit up on her own, being able to stand up if she's holding onto something and she has her first two teeth.

so she's a smurf? :o

She's about as big as one! :lol:

Congrats on the little one. Our issues were reversed....my now 8 month old daughter was fine at birth, but my wife spent 3 days in ICU after she was born. It was incredibly stressful. Spent 6 nights in the hospital for the birth. I was sick and tired of being at AAMC by the time we left. And don't blink, they grow up fast. My daughter just recently went from barely being able to crawl to now crawling crazy fast (and chasing the cat around the house), being able to sit up on her own, being able to stand up if she's holding onto something and she has her first two teeth.

Yikes! We were in for six nights as well - three nights in labor and delivery, two in recovery, and one in pediatrics. But we keep thinking...as tough as we think this is, it's nothing compared to what a lot of people go through.

People really enjoy having to put on 28 layers of clothing before going outside and running their heat constantly?

I do but I have no choice.  outside work fml.

And I'm getting new windows for the house so my furnace will run 25% less in March when it gets really cold.

that about 10k?

i have 8 and i think they were doing them for about 4500.

Depends on who you get.  i got quotes from 3 joints that ranged from 15K to just under 7K.  The 7K one was friend price due to knowing someone and getting help.  Going the low route based on unsolicited recommendations.  Text if you want the name and maybe your 8 might not cost as much.

Archived