• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Good riddance 2012. Rockin 2013? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

I can do without the ice, but soundings from ROA look too warm (5*C) at the surface anyway; I'm counting on it being rain. We usually don't get much in the way of ice in the valley on border line stuff. The higher elevations surrounding the valley may see something.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can do without the ice, but soundings from ROA look too warm (5*C) at the surface anyway; I'm counting on it being rain. We usually don't get much in the way of ice in the valley on border line stuff. The higher elevations surrounding the valley may see something.

Well take that back, Cad signature in January now means 40f and rain.  Probably a few degrees colder than the GFS suggests but no serious ZR event.

I really do think we are still paying for the Winter of 09-10. Law of averages. Mother nature has a way of balancing things out. I'd much rather have modest snowfall years, every year, instead of 1 year where we get 70 inches and 3 years with nothing.

agreed.  you gotta be proactive if you're a snow lover around here.  take a ski trip or drive to the mountains, whatever, do something.  sitting around waiting for it to snow in your backyard is probably not the best use of time in most cases.

no torch.. no arctic blast, just cloudy and 40s to near 50 forever.

Sure looks that way....low 50's next Saturday...watch all of the moaning and groaning. My area has had 5-6 nights with temps in the low 20's this year...if that's what this blast delivers then who cares...saying anything other than climb anymore is just guesswork....man I'm down on this weather...time to sit back and watch until something pops up....I know Wes....I know

Why are we made to suffer for winter weather so often? Wasn't it last year RIC got nailed and we got flurries. On a positive note this weekend torch is failing at least in my backyard...40s yesterday and barely 50 today with constant drizzle

I'm surprised nobody else came out to Jonjons for Sandy. What did they think, 30+ events grow on trees in DC?

Next time there's a big event out that way don't miss your chance is all I can say.

No offense to jonjon, but I don't care about snow somewhere other than my own backyard. Might as well suggest chasing snow in the Tughill or the Sierras.

I'm surprised nobody else came out to Jonjons for Sandy.  What did they think, 30+ events grow on trees in DC?

Next time there's a big event out that way don't miss your chance is all I can say.

Didn't even have to go that far for some good snow.  Went an hour and a half away near Star Tannery, VA and saw 4" on the ground with snow falling. 

So much for sunny and 60 today.

another epic bust unless something happens soon.  but watch Gwen Tolbart on Channel 5 tonight still say how beautiful it was today.  Last night, she said yesterday felt like spring and called the high of 51 at DCA "unbelievable!"  Someone tell her she is not in Canada anymore.

Archived