• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Good riddance 2012. Rockin 2013? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

Maybe I'm in the minority but I"m totally good with the cold and a drier pattern. I'm sick of bl and 850's driving me towards insanity. I'll be totally happy with light precip without a single issue in the column. After the hell and torture we've been through I don't see how entering a "if it falls it will be snow for all" type of pattern being anything to complain about. 

I agree. It's winter and I'd rather it feel like winter....snow or not. It makes the coming spring and warmer weather feel legit.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm in the minority but I"m totally good with the cold and a drier pattern. I'm sick of bl and 850's driving me towards insanity. I'll be totally happy with light precip without a single issue in the column. After the hell and torture we've been through I don't see how entering a "if it falls it will be snow for all" type of pattern being anything to complain about. 

Maybe so, Bob, but will you be happy with NO precip without a single issue in the column?  That's my fear of what happens.  I'd much rather have a stormy pattern this time of year.  Even with marginal cold, sooner or later, you'll luck out on temps.  Like Matt said the other day, it's January, it's not that hard to get snow.

If it truly is a pattern with light precip, then OK.  If it is a completely dry pattern with no precip, then give me warm.  Sunday was a pretty nice day over here.  I can live with that pretty easily.

The continued disapointment of lack of snow and the continued drum beating by the likes of Accuweather of above normal snow for the MA year after year is an utter joke.  To those responsible I leave you with this:

The weight of lies will bring you down

And follow you to every town

Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there

So when you run make sure you run

To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane

To chase you anywhere

WTF?  Seriously?

Maybe so, Bob, but will you be happy with NO precip without a single issue in the column?  That's my fear of what happens.  I'd much rather have a stormy pattern this time of year.  Even with marginal cold, sooner or later, you'll luck out on temps.  Like Matt said the other day, it's January, it's not that hard to get snow.

If it truly is a pattern with light precip, then OK.  If it is a completely dry pattern with no precip, then give me warm.  Sunday was a pretty nice day over here.  I can live with that pretty easily.

It doesn't look like a totally dry pattern to me. If we had a big -nao to go along with the pac ridge then the backside of the trough would be aligned nearly n-s. I find the latest gfs run encouraging. This is what I was alluding to in the pinned thread:

The alignment of the trough allows pac energy to enter BC and track towards us (hopefully underneath us. lol). Have no idea if the gfs is right but that kind of look is much better than a very sharp alignment to the backside of the trough. NW Territories generally don't spit out the best opps for snow in these parts. 

Meh.. expectations have gotten lower over time. The pattern coming up looks dry more than anything. I mean, it will be nice to see some whitened ground but I'm rooting for some relaxation ASAP so we can try to get a storm of some note.

It doesn't look like a totally dry pattern to me. If we had a big -nao to go along with the pac ridge then the backside of the trough would be aligned nearly n-s. I find the latest gfs run encouraging. This is what I was alluding to in the pinned thread:

attachicon.gif12zgfs500.JPG

The alignment of the trough allows pac energy to enter BC and track towards us (hopefully underneath us. lol). Have no idea if the gfs is right but that kind of look is much better than a very sharp alignment to the backside of the trough. NW Territories generally don't spit out the best opps for snow in these parts. 

That trough axis looks like it runs through about Vermont or so.  I'd like to see that axis run through Cincinnati.  I think we'd do better on the east side of the trough.

That trough axis looks like it runs through about Vermont or so.  I'd like to see that axis run through Cincinnati.  I think we'd do better on the east side of the trough.

Here you go!

Just jokin around. I know what your saying but I think it applies for to a phased event or something like that. If we have energy coming out of the far pac nw then any track through indiana / kentucky / central va is fine. Big cold airmass and warmer than norm atlantic could make it fun if an 850 low pops out front of the vort. THUNDERSNOW!

With the way this winter is going so far, I for one will not punt nor downplay any potential snow on the horizon no matter how small or moisture starved it may be. Snow is snow and if it comes in little doses or spits and dribbles....I'm on it. To those who just want to piss in the snow cherrios...oh well...sucks to be you.

With the way this winter is going so far, I for one will not punt nor downplay any potential snow on the horizon no matter how small or moisture starved it may be. Snow is snow and if it comes in little doses or spits and dribbles....I'm on it. To those who just want to piss in the snow cherrios...oh well...sucks to be you.

Leesburg weather gang ftw

If we have a day with the high below freezing which seems likely, how much time do you think the local news will give it. Will it me hyped as much as the California cold?

My guess is not too much.  Most newscasts begin with a top story then a quick weather update so I can see the two running together.They then quickly switch to a Lindsay Lohan drunk driving story or Kim Kardashian preggo update.

Archived