• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
**BANTER THREAD** Rolling into active period...wintry potential increasing, so are toaster sales

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had a west based -NAO and a weak block near the norh pole, but also a -PNA so depending on how features work out, we may deal with all different types of storms. Verbatim, it was a little colder than average.

It seems CFS weeklies are verifying better than euro lately. Lets hope that's still true becaus Cfs weeklies are damned cold starting next week onwards.

At long last I'm breaking the double digits on KevinMA's snow total tracker. My total now begins with a "2" instead of a "1". :)

Meanwhile--the ice is pounding the deck is it gets washed off the roofs. Quite the rainmaker overnight. Wonder how it will play during the daylight hours.

34.5/34 with .95 in the bucket (that would inclusive of whatever WE was frozen in there from round 1).

Question regarding the 06z NAM and GFS--are they depicting a possible flip to a period of accumulating wintry precip at the end of tthe Friday system? With the primary nearly overhead, I suspect it would be mix rather than snow in that instance.

Grasping at straws here folks.

This weekend will look and feel wintry. We all should see flakes falling and we may score some accumulations if lucky. Then it mostly sucks for the following week to ten days. Same old same old. For the first time I can start to see some general hope as 2013 starts. Lets hope that turns out to be real.

This weekend will look and feel wintry. We all should see flakes falling and we may score some accumulations if lucky. Then it mostly sucks for the following week to ten days. Same old same old. For the first time I can start to see some general hope as 2013 starts. Lets hope that turns out to be real.

The ensembles say otherwise but you may (or may not) be correct. Either way, at least we'd get SOME snow from all models if correct on the 12/27ish event.

Largest flakes I've ever seen falling up here at 1,500ft this morning...measuring these things in the 1-2 inch diameter range.

Like the mass and size of small pinecones falling from the sky. Isothermal 32F layer will do that. Snow level right now is about 1,000ft-1,200ft. It was pouring sleet and rain in town but it is absolutely coming down up here at the ski area.

Whiteout above 2,500ft... 1-2" since 4am above that elevation. Heavy wet snow.

Awesome--hope you have some good powder at the summit.

I'm really suprised to see the deck, lawn, and driveway still covered with the ice/snow. I was certain the rain would have washed it away before now. Small comfort before the low 40's do their evil work.

34.6/34 1.01"

The ensembles say otherwise but you may (or may not) be correct. Either way, at least we'd get SOME snow from all models if correct on the 12/27ish event.

I think things are looking better around NYE so it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up in a scenario where things flip better a bit earlier. We will see, this weekend looks nice though.

Largest flakes I've ever seen falling up here at 1,500ft this morning...measuring these things in the 1-2 inch diameter range.

Like the mass and size of small pinecones falling from the sky. Isothermal 32F layer will do that. Snow level right now is about 1,000ft-1,200ft. It was pouring sleet and rain in town but it is absolutely coming down up here at the ski area.

I hate you :lol:

That blue patch right in the center of the giant green rain blob has us both covered. I guess we are the snow bubble.

wow, the radar/sat are the fugliest thing i've seen...when i was stationed in okinawa, i went to the beach on christmas eve and went swimming...it didn't feel like christmas at all because growing up in New England, christmas is associated with cold weather, sometimes snow, dry air, naked trees, dormant vegetation...

this year it just doesn't feel like christmas either...no cold air, my grass is still green and my perennial carnations are still alive...not quite warm enough to go swimming ;)

Archived