• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
**BANTER THREAD** Rolling into active period...wintry potential increasing, so are toaster sales

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still don't like the look of it, but it has some potential.It has a colder version loom to this weeks 2 storms with 2ndary farther south. Ice and snow shifted 200 miles south ??

Still don't like the look of it, but it has some potential.It has a colder version loom to this weeks 2 storms with 2ndary farther south. Ice and snow shifted 200 miles south ??

Still don't like the look of it, but it has some potential.

It has colder look than storms this week with secondary farther south. Shift ice and snow south 200 miles?

It has colder look than storms this week with secondary farther south. Shift ice and snow south 200 miles?

It has a great high branching in from the NW. That will help. The problem is that the primary goes so dam far NW. It's kind of weird but all models have it. You know, if we are gonna have that, then you want that primary to

Stay weak and have a secondary develop south of SNE. That will promote more wintry precip. Sometimes primaries can go so far NW that all the warm air gets shoved well west and we are left with colder air hanging on. That would work for us too. Still, I would not get hopes high quite yet. Lots of time left.

It has a great high branching in from the NW. That will help. The problem is that the primary goes so dam far NW. It's kind of weird but all models have it. You know, if we are gonna have that, then you want that primary to

Stay weak and have a secondary develop south of SNE. That will promote more wintry precip. Sometimes primaries can go so far NW that all the warm air gets shoved well west and we are left with colder air hanging on. That would work for us too. Still, I would not get hopes high quite yet. Lots of time left.

I think that one looks pretty cold for the interior...the models pop a secondary sfc reflection fairly early. Some of them try and rip it up the Hudson valley, but that looks pretty bogus to me...hardly ever happens with a secondary sfc reflection.

I think the pattern is starting to look better and better...but in steps. Many weenies want it to be a violent switch to a perfect KU pattern, but it doesn't usually work that way. Step 1 is we've gotten rid of the dry pattern and made it quite active. Step 2 is ongoing now where we should flush the last of the putrid airmass in the next 3 days. Even that putrid airmass delievered a good round of winter wx to the interior Sunday/Monday. I think the next one will have even better cold to work with after this weekend.

Pickles I believe is a Personal Trainer. He certainly takes full advantage of life, more power to him. Biggest weenie on the board by far, travels to see sleet for crying out loud. His compassion is awesome.

LOL

Reach-arounds for an extra $50.00?

I think I read about this in an article about John Travolta.....

18z GFS continues to bring the 850 line through seemingly before the precipiation cuts off. Not sure if that means possibility of snow prior to the final gasps of flurries/light showers on Saturday. But who knows. Also, perhaps an inch or so Thursday night prior to the rain?

37.6/37 off a high of 39.1. I've seen worse warm December days.

I think that one looks pretty cold for the interior...the models pop a secondary sfc reflection fairly early. Some of them try and rip it up the Hudson valley, but that looks pretty bogus to me...hardly ever happens with a secondary sfc reflection.

I think the pattern is starting to look better and better...but in steps. Many weenies want it to be a violent switch to a perfect KU pattern, but it doesn't usually work that way. Step 1 is we've gotten rid of the dry pattern and made it quite active. Step 2 is ongoing now where we should flush the last of the putrid airmass in the next 3 days. Even that putrid airmass delievered a good round of winter wx to the interior Sunday/Monday. I think the next one will have even better cold to work with after this weekend.

Yeah I agree. The combo of climo and an overall better look to the pattern is on the table. I'm still hopeful we can try to pull off something better with that high and semi ok block, but I'm not really bullish yet.

Archived