• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
**BANTER THREAD** Rolling into active period...wintry potential increasing, so are toaster sales

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One would have to agree this has been a horrible start to met winter, coming off a dead ratter

it's as warm as last year for many locales in the US. Hopefully things start to change as modeled, but I don't feel that confident-it's always in the medium to long term.

-

partly sunny here now, quickly up to 50....

One would have to agree this has been a horrible start to met winter, coming off a dead ratter

I agree. I work at Blue Hill (KMQE), and we are currently about 5.6 degrees above normal for the month. Doesn't help us in terms of anything. We are currently at -15" for precip for the year and ~ -2" for snowfall. As far as warmest Jan-Dec I believe this is the warmest on record for us. I'd have to double check our records.

Perhaps some of the Mets could weigh in on Larry Cosgrove's thoughts in his lastest newsletter. He thinks this week and next week are crucial for the pattern if we are going to move into a more wintry pattern.

To me it is as if New England has transfered to Northern New Jersey!! Maybe that was in the Mayan calendar also!!....

Perhaps some of the Mets could weigh in on Larry Cosgrove's thoughts in his lastest newsletter. He thinks this week and next week are crucial for the pattern if we are going to move into a more wintry pattern.

To me it is as if New England has transfered to Northern New Jersey!! Maybe that was in the Mayan calendar also!!....

:weenie:

Agree..only diff is most of north jersey and sw ct has more snow then you right now. Lol jk

Appears that we're at least headed for the coldest shot of the year with the ULL overhead around the holidays. I'd be surprised if we didn't at least have a decent front end thump for most of the region with the storm after that (12/26ish) even if it cuts as shown on recent guidance, and possibly better if it's able to redevelop under SNE. It's so far out in la-la land but I think one positive is that it definitely looks like a colder atmosphere in place before the storm moves in than this recent one.

I'm heading up to Sugarbush after xmas and like what I see on the models - looks like some decent synoptic snow and some really solid upslope for the region for the next 10 days.

Maybe he is a trust fund baby lol. Stowe...N Conway...Stowe...Maine...Stowe

Maybe I'm a little jealous :)

Pickles I believe is a Personal Trainer. He certainly takes full advantage of life, more power to him. Biggest weenie on the board by far, travels to see sleet for crying out loud. His compassion is awesome.

Archived