• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
**BANTER THREAD** Rolling into active period...wintry potential increasing, so are toaster sales

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's the cold:

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...FORT YUKON...VENETIE...CENTRAL...

CIRCLE...STEVENS VILLAGE...BEAVER...CHALKYITSIK...BIRCH CREEK...

CIRCLE HOT SPRINGS...EAGLE SUMMIT...TWELVEMILE SUMMIT

249 PM AKST SAT DEC 15 2012

.TONIGHT...EAST OF FORT YUKON...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH OCCASIONAL

FLURRIES. ELSEWHERE...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH PATCHY ICE FOG. LOWS 30 TO

50 BELOW EXCEPT NEAR 20 BELOW OVER SUMMITS AND EAST OF FORT YUKON.

LIGHT WINDS.

.SUNDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. OCCASIONAL FLURRIES EAST OF BEAVER IN THE

MORNING. HIGHS 25 TO 45 BELOW EXCEPT 15 BELOW OVER SUMMITS. LIGHT

WINDS.

Yeah I could see that being a problem in a spot like CT.... growing up in Albany and now living in VT and having the BTV news stations, I've never really experienced that issue.

In Albany, all the on-air mets would show them the warnings but its not an issue when the entire viewing area is in ALB's warning area so it would make sense if some counties have something and others don't. Same up here in VT where BTV news stations all cover the same areas as the NWS CWA. I would imagine the BOS news stations don't have too much issue... seems to really only be an issue there in CT where the three county areas collide. A lot of other major news centers in New England have an office that covers basically the same viewing area (like Portland and GYX, too).

Yeah the 3 offices covering such a small state becomes an issue. They do a better job of coordinating than they used to but it's not perfect.

I think you can bring the kicking team off the field after this week.

hoping the the stormy weather ths week helps to finally establish an avenue for the cold air to move into the north east...we haven't seen any good push of cold air into the northeast yet, hence the absence of LES...but i won't stop hoping until March...

Where's the cold:

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...FORT YUKON...VENETIE...CENTRAL...

CIRCLE...STEVENS VILLAGE...BEAVER...CHALKYITSIK...BIRCH CREEK...

CIRCLE HOT SPRINGS...EAGLE SUMMIT...TWELVEMILE SUMMIT

249 PM AKST SAT DEC 15 2012

.TONIGHT...EAST OF FORT YUKON...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH OCCASIONAL

FLURRIES. ELSEWHERE...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH PATCHY ICE FOG. LOWS 30 TO

50 BELOW EXCEPT NEAR 20 BELOW OVER SUMMITS AND EAST OF FORT YUKON.

LIGHT WINDS.

.SUNDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. OCCASIONAL FLURRIES EAST OF BEAVER IN THE

MORNING. HIGHS 25 TO 45 BELOW EXCEPT 15 BELOW OVER SUMMITS. LIGHT

WINDS.

Looks like the hilltops up there can't catch a break with the overnight lows either. :)

Any take on the surface temps from teh 00z NAM? I can't see those. Thanks.

28/13

What in the heck is the NAM doing for the Dec 18-19 event? ITs pretty far SE...still a rainer for many, but it dynamically flips part of VT over to heavy snow, lol. And the further SE sfc track could mean some big icing problems for CNE and parts of Maine.

Well...to be clear...1993 was wrm as toast with a huge in wind runner around 12/23. Thereafter it got chillier but not coldly cold until right befor the 10 inch thump on 12/28. It stayed cold for 2 dqys bit lifted out briefly for maybe a day. Then the hammer fell again right after new NYD and we were off to the races with a very cold very snowy winter. Boston recorded 96.3 whch was #1 only to have that eclipsed 2 years later. But even though 1995-96 dumped 10+ more snow, to me 1993-94 is the signature winters winter for th Boston area thanks to the durability of snowpack and virtually non stop cold.

Archived