• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
**BANTER THREAD** Rolling into active period...wintry potential increasing, so are toaster sales

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just flush this vomit out of here, and that's all we can ask, even if it's transient.

And I still think the next two weeks look a lot better for SNE to grab a couple of snow chances.

I agree with both posts. Hey maybe next time we get a -NAO block, it can actually form in the polar fields and block ACTUAL Arctic Air instead? lol ....

Guys banter is meant for stuff that is somewhat related to weather or atmosphere...meteor showers, how frozen the pond was this morning, how frost rendered the windshield wipers useless, etc. It was never meant to talk about stuff completely off topic from weather. There is a thread on the shooting in off topic right now though.

Guys banter is meant for stuff that is somewhat related to weather or atmosphere...meteor showers, how frozen the pond was this morning, how forst rendered the windshield wipers useless, etc. It was never meant to talk about stuff completely off topic from weather. There is a thread on the shooting in off topic right now though.

Fair enough, an explanation goes a long way when posts are deleted. Thank you.

Everything right now is "bogus" if you think abou it. Do we have anything true? The MJO signal is bogus, the west based -NAO is really bogus and the modeling has been bogus. I'm still expecting my rainfall over the next 10 days and I'm not so sold on a cold finish; although, I can still support a gradient pattern.

WTF...you were my rock, my hope. Are you serious with this post? My concern all "winter" has been that when in a bad pattern we're forced to look far to see light at the end of the tunnel. But we're looking through the models to do that and too often they're providing us bad signals. To make sure you're not joking/clarifying for all of us, are you serious with what you're saying here? I can't make paragraphs apparently IPBoard in 2013 doesn't support Internet Explorer...but I do believe cold is fleeting at the end of the month.

Guys banter is meant for stuff that is somewhat related to weather or atmosphere...meteor showers, how frozen the pond was this morning, how frost rendered the windshield wipers useless, etc. It was never meant to talk about stuff completely off topic from weather. There is a thread on the shooting in off topic right now though.

sorry Will emotional post

We are a forum that offers weather....then we direct people to a thread dedicated on this tragedy and we are heartless.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

raw emotions you are not heartless, bad post by him, Hit close to home, School group here from Shelton chaperones had relatives killed, emotional for me.

On deeper thought, I don't really have a problem with them mod'ing....they told us why and provided a link. That's all we should ask for. And it IS being discussed at length.

Yeah I mean, I am (and the rest of the staff) not trying to come across as heartless or anything, it is a terrible terrible tragedy of just inconceivable proportions...esp around the holidays....but we have a thread already dedicated to it and we had recently made a stronger effort to keep the weather discussion section of the forum more on topic.

EXTENDED FORECAST DISCUSSION

NWS HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL PREDICTION CENTER COLLEGE PARK MD

1100 AM EST FRI DEC 14 2012

VALID 12Z MON DEC 17 2012 - 12Z FRI DEC 21 2012

...AN ACTIVE MID-DECEMBER WEATHER PATTERN STILL EXPECTED NEXT

WEEK...

IN THIS PATTERN...A COOLING LEAD MID-UPPER LEVEL TROUGH STARTING

THE MEDIUM RANGE TUE OVER THE E-CENTRAL US RAMPS UP BY MIDWEEK

ALONG/OFF THE EAST COAST AND ESPECIALLY THE NORTHEAST WHERE AMPLE

GUIDANCE SUPPORT EXISTS FOR ENERGIES CONSOLIDATE TO FORM A WELL

ORGANIZED WINTER COASTAL LOW AND POTENTIALLY SIGNIFICANT

ASSOCIATED SENSIBLE WEATHER THREAT.

WTF...you were my rock, my hope. Are you serious with this post? My concern all "winter" has been that when in a bad pattern we're forced to look far to see light at the end of the tunnel. But we're looking through the models to do that and too often they're providing us bad signals. To make sure you're not joking/clarifying for all of us, are you serious with what you're saying here? I can't make paragraphs apparently IPBoard in 2013 doesn't support Internet Explorer...but I do believe cold is fleeting at the end of the month.

I am not sure what to say, lol. I haven't really been confident in December and have leaned warmer than most so it means a lot that I'm still someone's "rock." haha.. Look, we get the cold introduced into the pattern just in time for the holidays and then it will be a matter of flow. I really don't trust this block to do what we normally think they would do and it may actually be taken down to almost useless by the time the real deal cold gets involved. But either way, be careful of any modeled solutions that seem beefed up beyond day 7. It seems like every time this is projected to happen the models go..."whoops, there's another s/w coming from the Pacific." We could get a better gradient pattern though if we get a solid, fresh shot of Arctic Air and the SE ridge tries to come back.

So I wouldn't call the future horrible or snowless. If anything, things are going to continue to improve week by week, as not only climo would dictate but also the teleconnections and analogs. Stay tough friend!

Oh and I'm, like everyone else, downright saddened by the shooting. Miserable... sickening... etc.

Archived