• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
**BANTER THREAD** Rolling into active period...wintry potential increasing, so are toaster sales

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic, but there is a really nice meteorite shower ongoing right now with a combination of Geminid and an un-named shower putting on quite a display. I just came in from viewing and saw 12 in just 10 minutes including a cluster of 4 at once. The movement seems to be northeast-southwest with the eastern sky being the place to look right now.

The display seems slower now than it was around 10pm. It's butt cold outside for viewing at 24F.

This is the most I've ever watched mainly because it's an ideal night and it's not 4am. What I noticed is pulses of perhaps 10 in a minute or so, then a few minute lull, then pulses again. Cool stuff.

Saw more pure fireballs earlier including one that twirly birded down which I've never seen in my life.

Horror show on the Euro. Flurries, sprinkles not much with storm one, storm two gets the grass growing again and storm three is sure to torment after the 20th on the Euro. We may see more shooting stars falling from the skies than snowflakes.

The good news is the system at 200 hours looks like a lock for widespread snow and cold :) Kidding aside that's our shot either a system that redevelops/jumps to the coast around the 22nd or a few days later.

Archived