• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
**BANTER THREAD** Rolling into active period...wintry potential increasing, so are toaster sales

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

37 and 43 here... I seem to come in a couple of degrees cooler than what they forecast. This will probably be about right tho

Enjoy your slightly warmer rain

I will, nothing worse than cold rain because you know you were so close. Upper 40s to near 50 and it was never even remotely close to white.

Good luck tomorrow.

You guys may not warm above freezing until tomorrow night. Thinking Kevin's area and the NW Hills along the ridge from Norfolk to Cornwall and points east through Canton/Burlington etc.

That would be interesting. Living at 1k has given us some really interesting icing events, but NWS is only going with a trace to a couple of hundredths of an inch of accretion here.

Wait, I don't get what's wrong with that map? Is it just because Albany put their warnings/advisories out first?

Nothing from BOX.

So if you were a viewer it would appear that Wilton and Shelton would have more slippery travel than Hartland or Tolland or Union.

It's not a huge deal but it is the reason why we show winter NWS advisories/watches so infrequently.

A few weeks ago we had a freezing rain advisory for Fairfield/New Haven Counties... a winter wx advisory for Hartford/Tolland/Windham and nothing for Litchfield Co.

Nothing from BOX.

So if you were a viewer it would appear that Wilton and Shelton would have more slippery travel than Hartland or Tolland or Union.

It's not a huge deal but it is the reason why we show winter NWS advisories/watches so infrequently.

A few weeks ago we had a freezing rain advisory for Fairfield/New Haven Counties... a winter wx advisory for Hartford/Tolland/Windham and nothing for Litchfield Co.

Do okx and box not communicate........I mean ne ct has a much better chance of ice especially with the drain from the northeast.

Nothing from BOX.

Yeah that's what I figured you meant. Always seems to be terrible communication between offices. Down to 31/25...hills ftw! We're even 2-3 degrees colder than the areas around us. My area always gets cold in setups like this...I'm kind of interested in tomorrow again.

Why we so often ignore NWS advisories/watches/warning in the winter here in CT.

:axe:

And this is actually better than what we see sometimes.

Yeah I could see that being a problem in a spot like CT.... growing up in Albany and now living in VT and having the BTV news stations, I've never really experienced that issue.

In Albany, all the on-air mets would show them the warnings but its not an issue when the entire viewing area is in ALB's warning area so it would make sense if some counties have something and others don't. Same up here in VT where BTV news stations all cover the same areas as the NWS CWA. I would imagine the BOS news stations don't have too much issue... seems to really only be an issue there in CT where the three county areas collide. A lot of other major news centers in New England have an office that covers basically the same viewing area (like Portland and GYX, too).

Archived