12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Obs and Banter

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be cool to get completely shut out. No measureable snow anywhere in the region, for the entire winter. Outside the mountains of course, since they've already had snow on the ground.

If we're going to suck, we might as well try to take the chrome off of winter's trailer hitch.

Beautiful day!! The car thermometer showed 74 degrees as I was driving around. Fantastic!

If it won't snow, I would rather our winter would be like today. I'm sure the snow and cold lovers are getting nervous about the winter, with a good chuck of December now expected to be above normal.

I'll take a sunny 72 degree, over a dry, windy 38 degree day every time. The only aspect of winter that I like is snow. Without it, the cold and wind suck.

Beautiful day!! The car thermometer showed 74 degrees as I was driving around. Fantastic!

If it won't snow, I would rather our winter would be like today. I'm sure the snow and cold lovers are getting nervous about the winter, with a good chuck of December now expected to be above normal.

I'll take a sunny 72 degree, over a dry, windy 38 degree day every time. The only aspect of winter that I like is snow. Without it, the cold and wind suck.

I like the cut of your jib.

As we are all preoccupied by the current unseasonable warmth, there is nary a mention that we've seen no precipitation event of consequence since Sandy. This, despite a fire hose of moisture pointed out west.

Seems like a January reversal to cold is easier to imagine than a reversal to stormy, being that November was solidly below normal temperature wise.

Feeling sort of 1984-5 or 2000-01 maybe?

Seems as if I remember your "snow chart" didn't have a lot of events this early.

no, not really. and honestly the .5" avg for november in dc is kinda dubious imo. take out 1987 and it's barely anything.

1" by day thru 2010

snow_per_date_dc.gif

I cant even get snow at one of the highest places in the mid alt at Snowshoe, WV. Have a trip planned there right before christmas but if it is going to be little to no snow might as well stay home and save myself $500 and look at brown grass and blah temps.

Should've went during Sandy like you were supposed to.

Archived