joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Obs and Banter

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome day to get nearly all the leaves done and put the Christmas lights up. Once the sun came out, temps jumped and made being outside for five hours really pleasant. The dog loved it, too.

The only real spoiler was he showers that came through as I had him out for a walk. I wasn't expecting that!

Maybe for midlo. We could sacrifice a virgin and still get cold rain it seems.

I doubt we get a total skunk this month though. I hope this isn't bump troll worthy on new years day...lol

The worm is about to turn. I expect 20 + replies in the extended thread about tonight's GFS and Euro by morning.

The worm is about to turn. I expect 20 + replies in the extended thread about tonight's GFS and Euro by morning.

I'll b up for the gfs but the euro is way past my bedtime.

I'm quite interested in the pna. Really starting to look like it goes positive soon and the nao falling at the same time. This is pretty significant. Lotsa cold air up in nw Canada. Tap into that, send it east and have a nice vort diving down and we are in business.

We need an unseasonably cold airmass. Norm highs still in the upper 40's. We need -15 to -20 departures and that doesn't come easy without a lot of help. +pna and -nao can do it though.

Unfortunately we kinda need cold for snow.

Yea but what made Denver unique was that it would be in the 50s and 60s one day, temp would drop (like a rock), it would snow, then the next day it was back to the mid-50s. Denver averages 40 inches more of snow per year and slightly warmer winter temps.

Yea but what made Denver unique was that it would be in the 50s and 60s one day, temp would drop (like a rock), it would snow, then the next day it was back to the mid-50s. Denver averages 40 inches more of snow per year and slightly warmer winter temps.

I was in Denver one time, first trip there and it was in the early Spring. It was in the upper 70's and nearly everyone was wearing shorts and jackets or a coat. I thought they were crazy... until the wind suddenly switched and the temp dropped like a rock to 40 in no time at all.

Helps when they sit right next to the rocky mountains

Bob, Christmas lights with no pics= Telling a fib

You too Mattie G

I hate having a nice DLSR camera, but being forced to buy yet another adapter from Apple so I can get the pictures onto my iPad.

I suppose I could just take a picture with the iPad, but I think people look like douches when they take iPad pictures in public.

I'll see what I can do...

These warm for the time of the year weeks are nice for the BGE bill. InAccuWeather long range has a brief cool down next week, staying near normal until Christmas Eve and then finally below normal beginning on the 25th. Of course, that'll change 100 times between now and then.....

These warm for the time of the year weeks are nice for the BGE bill. InAccuWeather long range has a brief cool down next week, staying near normal until Christmas Eve and then finally below normal beginning on the 25th. Of course, that'll change 100 times between now and then.....

They always hold off the cold until the end of the period. Do that long enough and winter cancels.

I assume things have changed. Again.

Not really. The models have been pretty consistent at having a crappy placement of the pac ridge. The runs that look good for us are far in the minority. Until we can get some favorable blocking we can expect the storm track to remain to our west. In this kind of pattern we can expect short warm and cool periods. The warm periods will end with rain and then cold and dry for a couple days.

With this being said, the pattern is not "bad" because it can change pretty quickly. Slide the ridge in the pac to the east and ridging near gl to the west and voila.

This is my kind of winter

Felt like a spring morning today. It was awesome.

Might I suggest you boys move further south? Atlanta, Birmingham, Mobile, heck, maybe Austin or Miami are more for you guys.

This weather in December flat sucks. If it's Thanksgiving thru February 15th, if it's not going to be cold and snowy, it should be cold and sunny.

Archived