joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Obs and Banter

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might I suggest you boys move further south? Atlanta, Birmingham, Mobile, heck, maybe Austin or Miami are more for you guys.

This weather in December flat sucks. If it's Thanksgiving thru February 15th, if it's not going to be cold and snowy, it should be cold and sunny.

This weather isn't that unusual for here in December.. especially just a day or two of it, at least lately. Avgs are still around 50.. you might need to move north if you want it to be cold and snowy or cold and sunny.

This weather isn't that unusual for here in December.. especially just a day or two of it, at least lately. Avgs are still around 50.. you might need to move north if you want it to be cold and snowy or cold and sunny.

I'm not too much of a fan of the cold and sunny. I'll take the warmth if there's no chance for snow.

This comes up a lot during the winter, and I always say the same. Might as well get some enjoyment out of the weather, and I can't enjoy cold and dry at all.

To each their own and all...

Everyone has their own threshold. For me, once it gets below 45-50, it starts going from refreshing to annoying. Though I can say a similar thing about it getting above 85-90. I think 45-85 is my comfort range, and preferably 50-80...but I'll take a couple days of cold for a snowstorm.

I would think Denver's "fortune" is more related to being in good line for ambushes from Canadian air masses. Usually being on the leeside of mtns isn't that helpful for great weather.. and is why the area is fairly arid. Elevation is important for those quick flips too, plus you get the gradual upslope heading into spring.

I would think Denver's "fortune" is more related to being in good line for ambushes from Canadian air masses. Usually being on the leeside of mtns isn't that helpful for great weather.. and is why the area is fairly arid. Elevation is important for those quick flips too, plus you get the gradual upslope heading into spring.

I have relatives who live there - as they say "all depends on which way the wind blows"

Lots of 70s showing up on the PWSs. DCA's record is 70, but I don't know if we'll get the off-river kick like we do in the summer.

My wife called saying it was 71 in Waldorf. My temp is 68. I pleased since I mentioned we'd be pusing 70 in my CWG piece last Tuesday. Of course I said that after reading Ian's call either here on the MA Medium range thread.

Archived