e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December Obs and Banter

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll post my question here but i would love if someone could help me understand this

Vortex stretching with a strong, oscillating jet stream can be the backbone to a winter that ultimately leads to a triple phaser.

My question is what causes the PV to stretch out the way is does on this 12z run and if it doing so is what helps pump up a ridge just off the WC?

I'm surprised no one (Ji) has posted the 264 hr GFS as it has a low going off the NC coast with the 850 temp being bleow freezing and the 2m temp in the mid 30s. It's not likely to be right but that usually doesn't matter to those loving the chase.

I came here to read if someone mentioned that. Us snow weenies are dying here! :ee:

I'll post my question here but i would love if someone could help me understand this

My question is what causes the PV to stretch out the way is does on this 12z run and if it doing so is what helps pump up a ridge just off the WC?

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I don't know the answer. I real strong jet stream with the winds wnwly can sometimes to keep generating new vorticity which can elongate the trough and stretch it out. The ridge building is probably is related to what is going on upstream and that there is space for a weak ridge in between shortwaves but it also helps give the jet streak the orientation that helps stretch out the trough approaching the east coast. I'm not sure I given you a good or even correct take on your question but it's all I got.

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I don't know the answer. I real strong jet stream with the winds wnwly can sometimes to keep generating new vorticity which can elongate the trough and stretch it out. The ridge building is probably is related to what is going on upstream and that there is space for a weak ridge in between shortwaves but it also helps give the jet streak the orientation that helps stretch out the trough approaching the east coast. I'm not sure I given you a good or even correct take on your question but it's all I got.

Thanks, Wes. i appreciate any answer. My question might have been too dumb to really give a good answer to anyways.

Archived