joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sandy's Angry Baby Snow/Drizzle Obs

WxUSAF

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z models were really weak. I'm thinking this underperforms up and down the coast, though someone in W C NJ might get some impressive snow.

At CWG, we're downplaying snow in DCA-BWI corridor: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/post/prospect-of-snowflakes-have-declined-in-washington-dc-now-less-than-5050/2012/11/07/9b64467a-28f1-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_blog.html

The precip rates and boundary layer temps aren't going to get it done.

Just saying, some decent mod snow could get eastern Baltimore, some little bands popping on the Eastern Shore, still pushing west.

Not sure I buy the moderate part, but I had just said the below quote in the wrong thread.

My expectations have always been for a slushy coating at best, so I won't be discouraged if nothing comes of it. However, the LWX radar is finally starting to show the rotating precip working its way across the northern bay towards the Havre de Grace area. Even a couple of hours of some light snow would be a bonus for early November.

New Euro doesn't give anyone in the area 1"+ except maybe extreme NE md. Jackpot 4-8 across NJ to NYC area and NE CT.

Take Sandy out of the equation (heck you could probably make a case for Sandy too) and the trends the past few months have been underperformance in this area. Seems that's still the case with this lame turd.

I'm not surprised, those looking for moderate precipitation are likely to be disappointed.

Its way past that time, its clear from radar and obs that any precip of significance is having a hard time even making it west of Philadelphia. I am doubtful even the western suburbs of Philly will see any real accumulations looking at the current situation. Still wondering what LWX is looking at.

Its way past that time, its clear from radar and obs that any precip of significance is having a hard time even making it west of Philadelphia. I am doubtful even the western suburbs of Philly will see any real accumulations looking at the current situation. Still wondering what LWX is looking at.

PHL is rain at 1pm too, though I would think it changes if the models have any skill.

PHL is rain at 1pm too, though I would think it changes if the models have any skill.

Its rain in Philly because if you look at the radar returns heavy precip is having a hard time making it west of the delaware river valley. With only light precip its going to be hard to get it to snow in the urban heat island. Philly has been sitting on the western fringe of the real precip all day. Its obvious nothing is making a real westward push. Some of the light echoes are advancing west and there will be scattered "showery" type precip over our area, but its becoming obvious there will be no organized band of significant precip anywhere near the advisory area in northern MD.

Its rain in Philly because if you look at the radar returns heavy precip is having a hard time making it west of the delaware river valley. With only light precip its going to be hard to get it to snow in the urban heat island. Philly has been sitting on the western fringe of the real precip all day. Its obvious nothing is making a real westward push. Some of the light echoes are advancing west and there will be scattered "showery" type precip over our area, but its becoming obvious there will be no organized band of significant precip anywhere near the advisory area in northern MD.

I mentioned it in the banter thread, but my parents in South Jersey sent me an e-mail reporting moderate snow with the grass covered a couple hours ago. It's all about the rates.

Archived