• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Hurricane Sandy OBS (Part ii)

Alpha5

Power just came back here at parent's house...only reason is because a school is on our line about a block down and they need to get them back for next week as well as for voting. LIPA claiming as long as the 10th-11th and beyond for some. I'm pretty much fully expecting a total overhaul of the grid on LI after that...a LIPA guy explained to me last night that the best example of how bad the grid is shows where 6 neighboring houses can be split 3 on and 3 off...something most tell me in NJ and Connecticut is something you rarely see but often see here on LI.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.facebook....151080660686524

The local Long Beach facebook page just added another clip of the severe tidal surge

from Washington and West Park. This is right down the middle of the barrier island

where the ocean and bay met.

Another a few hours before high tide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GnQ91Jt16e0

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. The national media is finally starting to talk about Staten Island and the marathon issue. As an outsider, it is one of the most dastardly things I have heard.

he's mayor now because he paid off people to overturn term limits...I lost respect for him when he did that...I call it his turd term...He sould have exited gracefully after eight years...he replaced Guliani because of term limits...He deserves all the bad publicity he gets...This city is a joke and I can't wait to leave here...

I filled up Sunday and have just over half a tank now after commuting to work this week. I'm ok til early next week assuming I don't drive much this weekend but past Tuesday and it will start to get dicey. Hopefully by then most people have power and have had a chance to fill up.

Just got power back...slowly coming around...pse&g working hard....gas still sparse...but people need for generators...the car i dont understand...you should have to filled up before storm....how much driving are you doing

Thank God. Now that Bloomberg has endorsed Obama, maybe Obama will put some pressure on him to do the right thing here...I mean Jesus-a race is a game, entertainment. Not the time for it right now.

whatever little credibility Bloomberg had left has vanished

Didn't see a press conference about the marathon cancellation but the quote from Bloomburg on the CNN scroll was that he didn't want the race to be under a cloud. Did he really say that?! Worried that the marathon's reputation would suffer rather than the suffering citizens are experiencing. What a douche!

Didn't see a press conference about the marathon cancellation but the quote from Bloomburg on the CNN scroll was that he didn't want the race to be under a cloud. Did he really say that?! Worried that the marathon's reputation would suffer rather than the suffering citizens are experiencing. What a douche!

the hole he's digging is getting deeper...He really is out of touch...

Archived