• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Hurricane Sandy OBS (Part ii)

Alpha5

we fared really well around here and i know our situation is nowhere near as bad as those near the coast and in the city... but things are also getting somewhat worse here in terms of gas lines and food supplies... long lines and stations running out of gas; i lined up for about 30 mins earlier today but didn't make the cut.. supermarkets haven't had any fresh stocks since last week, even the dry supplies (cans, noodles, chips) are almost out (luckily found an asian store that still had ample goods)... also heard looting around Tangers in Riverhead... Suffolk Police also issued curfews south of Montauk Highway in a number of towns... really hope things improve over the next few days...cry.gif

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, just got power back on here in Harrison, NJ here is our data.

Harrison, NJ / Hudson County

Peak wind Gust 68 Mph

Pressure: 28.54

Rainfall: 1.17

Storm Surge of that what a Cat 3 Hurricane would cause according to the SLOSH Model.

Trees Down

Wire Down

No Power 5 Days

Evacuations

Shelters open

Boat Rescues

Front End Loader Rescues

Thank God everything is ok only minor damage to the Weather Station.

The US coast guard has opened the port for most channels. The port of NY/NJ is still without power in Bayonne, Elizabeth/Newark, SI and Red Hook. Oil and tankers have been flowing back into NJ since Thu. Cruise ships will work this weekend in NYC via emergency generator power. Cargo vessels will return to the terminals w=once power is restored and confirmed. Car ships will be slow to catch up as those piers suffered immensely. The fuel and other much needed cargo and suppliies is slowly back on its way. It will be interesting to see whether Wed storm delays or causes setbacks.

Just got a Facebook post from a friend and former co-worker. sad.png

To all my Facebook family: My parents are fine and I'm ok, but you all know that I lived in Midland Beach with some of you. Well the house is totalled and all we own is on our backs, but we are very fortunate. Some elected to stay and are not here with us. I'm going today to go get some thing's from the house. I will keep you posted.

Sorry man. Midland got hit really hard. Here 2 pics from my friend's basement and yard who lives in Midland.

Horrible. Best wishes to your friends. And thanks.

I looked at the map as I was never to Midland Beach. It looks as if it was oriented just right to take the full effects of Sandy's wrath.

Archived